talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peaky Blinders

football forum

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yup, great actor! Seems to be a really nice and down to earth guy as well. But the actor who plays Arthur (Paul Anderson? I think) is fucking great too. Not to mention Tom Hardy... who is brilliant as always in this show. I am in Season 4 now, so no spoilerino please. 

Yeah Arthur is great, the actress for Paulie does a hell of a job too, overall the acting is really solid. Season 4 was a great reset, youll enjoy it. Myself I have to start 5 now!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

5 hours ago, Stan said:

2nd episode of new series was much better than 1st episode. As expected.

Much more action & tension. Really is such a gripping series.

Aye, couldn't really get into the 1st episode but just watched last night's episode 2 we had recorded and that was great, looking forward to the Peaky Blinders take on the Glasgow 'Billy Boys'. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f765ad7a00fd0d95c7

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So Season 5 is good? Without any spoilers please. I'm close to the end of Season 4. 

Only had 2 episodes so far.

First was a sort of catch-up, get you back in to the mood of all the fuckery that goes on.

Second episode back to normality of what you'd enjoy in previous seasons :) 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The scene with the machine gun in the field was beautiful cinematography. 

It was fucking tense beforehand as well when he's in the field by himself and also his kid.

• Subscriber

I like the way the BBC is showing Series 5, last Sundays opening episode was more or less a catch up on the show but that's normal with good shows like this and then the 2nd episode they showed Monday night hit it off with a bang, brilliant, and last week when me and the wife watched the episode Monday night she said "Bloody hell...we have to wait another week now, can't wait" 

That the beauty of it is too many times they flog a good series showing it 7 days a week for 2 weeks and then you end up waiting months for the next series if any, doing it this way playing it once a week on a Sunday night you look forward to it and it stretches the series out just nicely.

I can remember years ago when they played Dallas on a Saturday night I think it was and the episode of JR getting shot and all week the media kept us on our toes by trying to guess who shot JR and we could only find out the next Saturday night, last Monday night's episode of PB has me in the 'I can't wait' mode and the wife the same for tomorrow nights episode.

I do find it funny when they name places etc. The guy Arthur beat to death in the Quaker house in Bournville, obviously it’s fictionalised and filmed elsewhere but I ran past the real one this morning. My daughter has just finished at the local nursery (we’re not Quaker’s) and now it’s the fictional setting for a gang murder lol

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I do find it funny when they name places etc. The guy Arthur beat to death in the Quaker house in Bournville, obviously it’s fictionalised and filmed elsewhere but I ran past the real one this morning. My daughter has just finished at the local nursery (we’re not Quaker’s) and now it’s the fictional setting for a gang murder lol

Not in terms of places but I think Billy Boys is a shite name for a gang xD

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Not in terms of places but I think Billy Boys is a shite name for a gang

They were a real mob @Stan 

Quote.thumb.png.62ebc2ae93a5ce5f3f14cb5ff06836b8.png

Billy Boys originated in the 1920s as the signature tune of the Brigton Boys, also called The Billy Boys of Brigton Cross, who were a Protestant street gang in the Bridgeton area of Glasgow, led by Billy Fullerton. The gang often clashed with Roman Catholic gangs such as the Norman Conks. Fullerton was a former member of the British Fascists who was awarded a medal for strike-breaking during the 1926 General Strike and formed a Glasgow branch of the British Union of Fascists with the onset of World War II. The song's geographic roots relate to Bridgeton Cross in Bridgeton, an area of Glasgow historically associated with the city's Protestant population, and with Scottish unionism. Brigton is the Scots form of Bridgeton. The Billy Boys song was often sung loudly when the gang performed it. They regularly sang it when they marched through primarily Catholic areas of Glasgow on Catholic holy days. This often led to the Brigton Boys being attacked by members of the Norman Conks as a result. Despite being primarily based in Glasgow, in the 1930s the Brigton Boys were invited to march in Belfast and sang Billy Boys while they were there as part of The Twelfth celebrations.

The Brigton Boys and their youth wing, the Derry Boys, started to attend association football matches in the late 1920s and early 1930s. During this time, they attended Rangers matches and Rangers fans started to sing the Billy Boys song as part of a perceived affiliation with the Brigton Boys.

Despite Percy Sillitoe, the Chief Constable of Glasgow, eradicating the razor gangs in Glasgow and most young Protestants joining the Orange Order instead of the remaining gangs, Rangers fans continued to sing the Billy Boys in tribute to Fullerton as he still retained a prominent position among Glasgow Protestants even after the gangs had disbanded. The Orange Order then adopted the "Billy Boys" song and changed the lyrics to be played on Orange walks, with the references to Billy being altered to refer to King William III of England, Scotland and Ireland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys

On 02/09/2019 at 00:07, carefreeluke said:

Does Polly annoy anyone else or is that just me?

In fairness she is growing on me a bit but I’ve always found her a bit annoying, a good character for the dynamic of it all of course but she grates on me I don’t know why.

Me...but not the actresses fault personally, I generally think there’s a lot of posturing in this programme that becomes borderline unwatchable at times and because Polly isn’t necessarily a violent character they’ve had to up her posturing more than anyone elses

47 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Ranger fans sing the Billy Boy song at matches, not me though, I wonder if @Rab has?  :D

Reveal hidden contents

I don't sing anything at football matches.

I enjoy it when others do it but it's not for me.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, 6666 said:

There needs to be more Oswald Mosley scenes. The actor that plays him is doing a great job.

And Michael's wife needs getting rid of.

I think those 2 get it on. 

Archived