• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peaky Blinders

football forum

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

See Peaky Blinders won the Best Drama Award last night on the NTA 2020.  :congrats:

NTA 2020 winners in full

Best challenge show - Great British Bake Off

Best factual programme - Odd One Out, Jesy Nelson

Best drama - Peaky Blinders

Best comedy - Mrs Brown's Boys

Best serial drama performance - Katie McGlynn, Coronation Street

Impact award - Gavin & Stacey

Best live magazine show - This Morning

Best TV judge - David Walliams

Best new drama - Chernobyl

Best TV presenter - Ant & Dec

Best Newcomer - Peter Ash, Coronation Street

Special recognition award - Sir Michael Palin

Best drama performance - Cillian Murphy, Peaky Blinders

Best serial drama - Emmerdale

Best talent show- Strictly Come Dancing

The Bruce Forsyth entertainment award - I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I don't think anything else is planned, no? 

Good. I wasn't sure but sometimes movies that are made after TV series don't have the same actors and it doesn't have the same 'feel' to it.

• 3 months later...

Never been a fan of Stephen Graham, but perhaps this is the show where I grow to like him? Peaky Blinders has been one of the few shows that hasn't got a casting wrong, they've all been bang on so I'm fine with whatever they have planned. 

Just hoping (and I think it will be) that after a "story driven" S5 setting up S6, this series is just episode after episode of people kicking the shit out of one another and fireworks.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Never been a fan of Stephen Graham, but perhaps this is the show where I grow to like him? Peaky Blinders has been one of the few shows that hasn't got a casting wrong, they've all been bang on so I'm fine with whatever they have planned. 

Just hoping (and I think it will be) that after a "story driven" S5 setting up S6, this series is just episode after episode of people kicking the shit out of one another and fireworks.

How can you not be a fan of Stephen Graham?

Last thing I watched of his was The Virtues and it was one of the best programmes on telly

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Never been a fan of Stephen Graham

What? How? Phenomenal actor. 

I could have sworn he was already on Peaky Blinders. It just seems like the perfect fit. 

• Subscriber

Peaky Blinders season 6 release date: cast, plot and what we know so far

When will we next see Cillian Murphy as Birmingham's most notorious flat-cap-wearing gangster Tommy Shelby?

download.thumb.png.dbcd4aa882a2555e146ad20d872be3b4.png

The upcoming sixth series of Peaky Blinders is set to be the show’s last – but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the last we’ll see of the Shelby family.

The BBC previously announced that the show would be coming to an end when production began in January: a blow for those who fully expected a seventh season to close out the story.

But speaking to BirminghamLive, creator Steven Knight said that there may be future spin-offs that would work without lead character Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy).

“In the form, it is in, it is absolutely impossible for this to work without Cillian,” he said, but added: “Who knows? There may be worlds that are part of the Peaky world that are about someone else.”

Regardless, Cillian Murphy will return for one last small-screen hurrah as Tommy Shelby – before moving to the big screen in a Peaky Blinders movie – and the final series will see him pitted against Sam Claflin as Oswald Mosley one last time.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

Stephen Graham steals the spotlight in everything hes in. His Baby Face Nelson' in what was an otherwise fairly lame movie Public Enemies is still one of my favourites. Guys a rockstar, like Tommy says; hes perfect for Peaky Blinders. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

How can you dislike Stephen Graham? In my opinion one of the best English actors of our generation. Yes, i would go that far. He's in my top 5. Excellent addition and look forward to the new series. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived