Fantasy Premier League Draft - Table and fixtures

football forum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Batard said:

Lack of a regular goalscorer isn’t helping me at all. 

Had one player do well (Aguero) but the manager dicked me over by not putting Firmino on over the weekend so lost out there. 

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Had one player do well (Aguero) but the manager dicked me over by not putting Firmino on over the weekend so lost out there. 

Firmino is the real shocker, I was really expecting more from him. Salah has very much taken up the goal scoring responsibility 

• Subscriber
Just now, Batard said:

Firmino is the real shocker, I was really expecting more from him. Salah has very much taken up the goal scoring responsibility 

I see it this way. Robbie may not be scoring goals but what he offers as an outlet to the wingers goes unnoticed. When he is on form and drifting around the box its his positional play that is key. He won't be running past defenders to get a goal but I think he is very important to Klopp's plans for this team.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I see it this way. Robbie may not be scoring goals but what he offers as an outlet to the wingers goes unnoticed. When he is on form and drifting around the box its his positional play that is key. He won't be running past defenders to get a goal but I think he is very important to Klopp's plans for this team.

Especially if Courinho leaves 

22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

When Coutinho leaves. Its inevitable and no one is going to be able to stop him come the summer.

He’s still got 4 years on his contract so the club could stop him if they wanted to. It’s probably in our best interest to cash in though provided the money received is well spent. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He’s still got 4 years on his contract so the club could stop him if they wanted to. It’s probably in our best interest to cash in though provided the money received is well spent. 

Think it will also depend largely on whether his original suitors give chase or someone new comes up to the plate. With players like this and in the current sport year (WC) that could change. I still think he'll go in the summer, whether its Barca or someone else.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Think it will also depend largely on whether his original suitors give chase or someone new comes up to the plate. With players like this and in the current sport year (WC) that could change. I still think he'll go in the summer, whether its Barca or someone else.

So do I, and I think by dropping Coutinho deeper into midfield, Klopp is already phasing him out in preparation for him leaving. I reckon Klopp is going to go for a more solid midfield (Keita already coming) with Mane, Salah & Firmino up top. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So do I, and I think by dropping Coutinho deeper into midfield, Klopp is already phasing him out in preparation for him leaving. I reckon Klopp is going to go for a more solid midfield (Keita already coming) with Mane, Salah & Firmino up top. 

I don't know off the top of my head but who is the FreeKick taker that outdoes Coutinho for us right now? I am thinking its Lallana or someone else but I can't remember. I'd have put Can in there but he's going as well.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I don't know off the top of my head but who is the FreeKick taker that outdoes Coutinho for us right now? I am thinking its Lallana or someone else but I can't remember. I'd have put Can in there but he's going as well.

TAA :D

On paper, my team looks more than decent, possibly one of the top three/four first XI's out of the twelve teams.

In reality, played three, lost three. I think I'm two games away from the 'Lucas Out' chants starting, three games away from the dreaded 'vote of confidence' and four games till I'm free to book a holiday.

Bring on the gardening leave.

• This topic was unpinned and locked

Archived