talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

On 12/17/2017 at 4:34 PM, Blue said:

Ultimatum at Chievo... first 5 games, Inter, Roma, Juventus, Lazio, Napoli. FUCK OFF

Sacked as expected. The game had to make me go through pre-season and then troll me with the fucking worst 5 fixtures possible.

I'm in Macedonia now with Vardar. Already lost in the first UCL round vs BATE 4-3 on aggregate, but there were promising signs.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

i'm surprised you got an ultimatum at the start of the season. what happened for the board to give you that ultimatum?

It was following up from the end of the previous season. I had finished one spot below what they wanted, and I got it.

Made pre-season planning feel pointless, and then I got those fixtures.

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but I've forgiven FM 18 and I'm giving it another chance. I'm way too forgiving man

I'm doing short term saves at the moment. Those can't be too frustrating, right?

I'll do an update shortly.

Just now, Stan said:

Short term saves? What's the aim? 

Journeyman saves. I've started with Atlas in Mexico and I want to win the Liga MX, perhaps a few other trophies then move on to another decently sized club in a country.

I used to be all about building, but I've never been great at it and I don't really like the match engine this year, so I feel I don't burn myself out for the moment.

Explain this fucking shit to me please

e542af6d6d09cd00dd5afba19be3c989.png

Lost in penalties after my keeper made 2 initial saves. The game is just trolling me at this point.

Job status insecure FFS xD fair to say I suck at this game. I've completely lost the spark I had in FM 15.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

did you say anything to the team or make any tactical change while you were 2-0 up?

Nope. I decided to remain confident in my players. 

I had actually recently blown a 2-0 away lead to Club America due to going on contain in the last 10 minutes, but that's Club America. That was excusable. This was just stupid.

Starting with Universitario. I've never really gotten enjoyment out of managing teams I support or follow. Lets see if this time is different.

So I'm doing a little experiment in the editor, see how long I last before I quit it xD

Off to a good start though! I've managed to expand the A-League, adding a few NPL teams as well as 2 created teams to add up to 16.

Here is how the division looks.

01c47fe9c7d9b630293850fa6134687f.png

I plan to make 4 tiers. 1 full division and the rest being regional leagues.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

funny thing is, it's hard to tell what names are real and which aren't xD 

I thought the lack of badges gave it away. The made up teams though are Karratha FC, Perth Numbats, Hobart Devils, Perth City and Toowoomba Rovers. Those probably aren't the final names, but I'll decide that later.

Been working on the third tier, and this one has been hell. I did Tasmania, New Zealand, New South Wales, Victoria and Northern Territory. I thought I was almost done but then I realized I had forgotten Queensland. I thought it was just West and South Australia left but there is still 3 more. Break time for me. Going well though. 

19 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Why make up teams? Can't you just add from the NPL's?

seeing Karratha there is hilarious !

I've added NPL teams but for the state championships say, tjere aren't enough teams from the Northern Territory so I make some up. I also figured it would be more fun that way. A true revamp.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've added NPL teams but for the state championships say, tjere aren't enough teams from the Northern Territory so I make some up. I also figured it would be more fun that way. A true revamp.

But you've made up all the WA sides? 

I have FM17 and they've got them all and with a few players too. I used to be on it :( 

Archived