talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

I've resigned. I started the second season and honestly I don't see any potential with this team. 

As for my new job, I'll update that when I get it but I'm looking for a job in the Colombian second tier as well as Mexico.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2018 at 07:38, Blue said:

Been working on the third tier, and this one has been hell. I did Tasmania, New Zealand, New South Wales, Victoria and Northern Territory. I thought I was almost done but then I realized I had forgotten Queensland. I thought it was just West and South Australia left but there is still 3 more. Break time for me. Going well though. 

You forgot ACT

• 2 months later...

Playing with Deportivo Coopsol at the moment. Don't you bloody hate it when you have an awful striker play against you and he puts in his best performances of the season vs you?

Jose Shoro did this. 6.81 average rating, infamous in Peru for being shit. 4 goals this season, 3 were against me as his were 2 assists. Bloody hell :( 

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm Maidstone now and surprise surprise, we finished a first season and I think I'll be sticking with this save for some time as I'm enjoying it. I was predicted to finish near the bottom and we spent most of the season fighting a playoff spot. Jamar Loza was my top scorer with 26 goals followed by Joe Piggot. The likes of winger Odubade, number 10 Paxman and center back Okunghae were also key. Now to sign some League Two reserves, or the best players in the regional Conference leagues.

3fd6a9d93202801128098449e37f7c74.png

We had an excellent start to the season but hugely fell apart at the end.

15f2bbb3eee3dd8986beffbcad0bb782.png

3bb93ca02f263d279d6b269279458a2e.png

@Cannabis @The Palace Fan @Stan

• Administrator

have a look at the early days of the save on my thread. In League Two and then League One, best way to go about your business and get out of the leagues, I've found, is play attacking football - get pacy strikers and at least one of them who has good finishing ability (even if they are towards the end of their career). Don't pay players top-whack because you'll end up bankrupting the club but try and get a fairly large squad. Games come thick and fast in the lower leagues. 

Get a parent club that's in the Championship or Premier League if you're lucky. Their youngsters will provide the pace and occasional raw ability to take the league by storm. 

If Maidstone are part-time, you’ll have a job convincing too many full-time professionals to join you. It’s not easy at all when you’re a part-time team. 

Use the loan market, bigger clubs will let you have players for nothing. Or alternatively, link up with a bigger club. 

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jamar Loza used to score for fun in League One for me.

Magnus Okunghae was meant to be a big deal 6/7 years ago for Colchester United under Aidy Bothroyd but for whatever reason never really progressed.

Doesn't surprise me they tear it up here then. They look a class above this league.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

have a look at the early days of the save on my thread. In League Two and then League One, best way to go about your business and get out of the leagues, I've found, is play attacking football - get pacy strikers and at least one of them who has good finishing ability (even if they are towards the end of their career). Don't pay players top-whack because you'll end up bankrupting the club but try and get a fairly large squad. Games come thick and fast in the lower leagues. 

Get a parent club that's in the Championship or Premier League if you're lucky. Their youngsters will provide the pace and occasional raw ability to take the league by storm. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If Maidstone are part-time, you’ll have a job convincing too many full-time professionals to join you. It’s not easy at all when you’re a part-time team. 

Use the loan market, bigger clubs will let you have players for nothing. Or alternatively, link up with a bigger club. 

I'll take both your advice. Cheers!

20 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Are you FM17 or FM18?

If the latter, I know it was only the mobile version and can't really compare, but there were some decent free agents I nabbed on my Weston-Super-Mare save if that helps.

17 mate!

Into the 4th round of the FA Cup. I beat Crawley Town on pens in the replay and now have to face Bury. If I win, I could potentially face a Premier League team.

So I'm near to accepting we've got no chance of getting promotion. Some games are just so scripted and it feels unwinnable. So the FA Cup is my focus here as is the FA Trophy.

Bury now. They are in league one and its away, so tough one.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Blue said:

So I'm near to accepting we've got no chance of getting promotion. Some games are just so scripted and it feels unwinnable. So the FA Cup is my focus here as is the FA Trophy.

Bury now. They are in league one and its away, so tough one.

don't give up.

it's boring seeing you do so on another save xD 

Just now, Stan said:

don't give up.

it's boring seeing you do so on another save xD 

I never said I was leaving Maidstone, but this season seems done to me. May as well begin preparing for promotion next year.

Archived