• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Congratulations to Fluminense on their title win. By far the better team and fully deserved title. No other team came close to be honest. 

Jammy bastard xD

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Blue said:

Yep, its over. It was a good first year but it would be fair to give us the title: bottlers. We bottled every tournament this year bar the Sao Paulo state which we won. Going to do some reinvesting and replanning to win everything next season.

Image result for bluebottle

34d554a8b2f276b0a77cab2aa17b2912.jpg

Not sure if this is the match engine or if my team are full of brainless twats.

So what do you do in this situation? Copete has the ball and there is a guy who will be clear on the break should you have made the through ball. So what does Copete do? He continues holding on, tries to beat his defender and then this happens.

a0857f934901f5a2ec9aeefb45b7d67d.jpg

483070d829a9545e019cc2ee52cdee9d.jpg

One tackle resulted in 4 players getting on the break! What the hell are my players doing? xD

Atletico Mineiro scored but luckily I still won 3-1. That was an embarrassing goal to concede though.

So an update. Doing quite well again. Hit some irregular form in the last few matches but I've been rotating a lot between the kids and the first team regulars. 

I didn't win the Sao Paulo state. I lost in the semi final vs Sao Paulo. I'm in the Libertadores quarter finals after beating Estudiantes de la Plata in the round of 16. I'm also in the Copa do Brasil semi final. I beat Flamengo in the quarters.

Now I have Corinthians in what will be a massive game.

536ce56af61783cfe5a64d3b93be304a.png

Rodrygo is developing quite nicely!

5967486cf1f2096170a41d4d8fa57445.png

Oh just piss off

5bb068c958d17e16e01d172ff2ef6804.png

Rodrygo became the hero to villain in just 15 minutes. He scores the goal which I thought would be the winner, then he gets taken off injured leaving me with 10. Corinthians take advantage of some shambles defending and win it in just 5 minutes. Is this basketball where everything is won at the end?

• Administrator

Great battling performance by Corinthians by the looks of it. Fought til the end and had a lot of spirit. They could have easily given up the ghost when that 2nd goal was conceded but they kept their heads up and the pressure told. 

Victor Ferraz saved me in the 90th minute to seal the Copa do Brasil final with this stunner!

0af8b42fe3c92c9e590dcfe89fe12c60.gif

I won the first leg 1-0 in Belo Horizonte. Took that home and nearly bottled it. 4-3 down at home with a few minutes and then Victor Ferraz didn't lack power and never looked back B|

The whole squad came into the match with a complacent attitude, but we did the job at the very least. A beer for more in the future.

49890f8fdab580f47486d70d654f9bbf.png

Bottled everything again. Cruzeiro won the league when I just had to win at least 2 of the last 3. Didn't win any.

So here is the question: do I do one more season or just wait until full release for Donny?

I'm leaning towards the former. I guess I'll give it a go and if things are going wrong by half season I'll bin it once the full release is out.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Congratulations to Cruzeiro on their title win. By far the better team and fully deserved title. No other team came close to be honest. 

I'm sure you have been told that recycling jokes is a bad thing xD

I was just waking up anyways. It was Corinthians who actually won it.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I'm sure you have been told that recycling jokes is a bad thing xD

I was just waking up anyways. It was Corinthians who actually won it.

fine. 

Congratulations to Corinthians on their title win. By far the better team and fully deserved title. No other team came close to be honest. 

What an absolute twat xD

First he wants to complete his "dream move" to China, then he says he'll stay if he's the most important player of the side. He's 20 years old and not even the hot prospect of the team!

08a5e76d4f018574f3cfad300988f3c7.png

141d3597d82befea29cbe472414a1dbb.png

6be1d511f61c19cbb057fa9460c5d214.png

Decided to stick in South America a little longer before taking my venture to Europe with most likely Doncaster. With a second tier team, Almagro are the ones I will try to take to glory and overtake Boca Juniors, River and the non-local rivals, San Lorenzo de Almagro.

52e70d317ae0a0bc351542ea4e8abb41.png

Here are my signings. Not going to go over all of them but rather the most important.

First, Diego Forlan, who I believe needs no introduction. I'm going to use him as a Trequartista or a False 9 to avoid utilizing his 38 year old pace.

4f8e598d2ab37e0913304499f3a2042b.png

Jair Yglesias next who I got from Union Comercio. He might also be old, but he's still a top player for this division.

5fc4044b06ac11f19f13837fb391f271.png

I also signed Brazilian Felipe Cordeiro from some Brazilian lower league side. Decent physical right back.

71d8af21f22d57787851adce8d00bd79.png

My aim this season is mid table. I'm in December as it stands and I'll post my progress shortly.

Started again with Almagro - got sacked on the other save. I accept I did a lot wrong on that one though. Hopefully this attempt will be much better.

Made a couple of signings. My right back is a 19 year old I signed from Boca Juniors. Will be interesting to see how he gets along. The scouting budget is also going to piss me off a lot in this game.

This is the formation I'll be using.

The idea is to form a 4-2-3-1 when on the ball. 

589c931448edaab2b81021a9e56b2fa7.png

• Administrator

how wil that change to 4-2-3-1 on the ball, just out of interest? 

You'd be changing the whole shape of the team and then if losing the ball, the whole shape of the team is out of sorts - seems a bit dysfunctional. It's not an easy transition by the looks of it, compared to 4-3-3/4-5-1 which can easily morph in to one another depending on whether you're defending or attacking.

Just now, Stan said:

how wil that change to 4-2-3-1 on the ball, just out of interest? 

You'd be changing the whole shape of the team and then if losing the ball, the whole shape of the team is out of sorts - seems a bit dysfunctional. It's not an easy transition by the looks of it, compared to 4-3-3/4-5-1 which can easily morph in to one another depending on whether you're defending or attacking.

I'm off to work in a few, when I get back though I'm making a second formation just in case it is dysfunctional, as you mentioned the possibility

The 5 at the back is just me being insecure as I've often had counters where the situation was 3 attackers vs 2 defenders. I could've always tried 4 at the back with one full back defending but both have very good offensive stats and I can't let these full backs just sit back. Would be wasting their talent.

To answer your question though: I'm doing this via player instructions. I have the complete forward running wide with the ball and the wing back going up to take the other wing while the regista and DLP take up the middle. My only doubt is the other full back. Would he go up often or should I waste his talent by keeping him on defend? That I'll find out in time I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ravel Morrison's younger brother?

Never knew he was I'll determined, but I signed this guy as a gamble. Idea for a good sub and backup. Now it appears he'll only work with the latter :( 

Archived