talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

This is my long term save for FM 19...

568px-Atl%C3%A9tico_Acreano_logo.svg.png

Atletico Acreano are a Brazilian Serie C side based in Rio Branco, in the state of Acre which to many Brazilians, doesn't exist. The aim of this series is to take a team from that region and become Brazilian champions in the top flight. Mammoth task but one I'm up for. I'm in my second season, in the first we scraped relegation. We got an ultimatum and survived it by good performances in the Acre state league. We lost that in the final this year to Rio Branco FC but luckily it didn't affect my relationship with the board.

How are things going in Serie C though? Well, quite well actually. So far an improvement from last season. I'm using the same tactics as I did with Newells Old Boys. First season we struggled with it, but we were missing some of the players for it and my false 9 was injured for some time without a proper replacement. We are unbeaten but with a fuck ton of draws. That's because we are a solid defensive side, but we lack that winning mentality.

For me the most important players in the system are the false 9 and the mezzala.

effd5d95ce65faee5b10bd0cf2ceee50.png

e643548453463535c358e45a698b579a.png

388672884e3b12f5728f39e4346fcbdd.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 3 games left in Serie C. Here are our last 3 games.

b0b2bed73569c9f2636fc8873b3a9deb.png

Obligated to win all 3 if we are to have any chance at quarter finals and later promotion. SAL I think we should get the win. Sampaio Correia I trust the players that they can get the upset as they are first right now. Lastly, Santa Cruz will be a proper final. I'll update each game and each result.

97de198027804bfe6c945ca04f7e8429.png

Simply put - we need ARA or Moto Club to slip up. I think the former is more likely as they have a tougher run of games. Santa Cruz winning doesn't hurt me since beating them will put us above them should we win our next 3.

The good news is I should finish 5th or 6th, an improvement from last season.

22dad2570ef923dc04a90bd3d308149e.png

Not gonna lie, I ran around my room celebrating when I scored that late free kick to win me the game.

Sadly, Moto Club won. Its up to Remo to beat ARA, which is tomorrow on the game. 

fbdacbf7ac508e5d0e9e21e2712e7e6c.png

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I give it two days before we get a new “new” save. 

No need for comments like this.

On another note, you seriously think it'll be that long? :P 

If I celebrated the last game, you have no idea what I was like here :o 

97733f87fc416814d51ca7f242cd8d4c.png

That's it, one last crack at the goal. We have to beat Santa Cruz. ARA go away to Sampaio Correia last game and I think we have a big shot at doing this. Santa Cruz also lost to Moto Club and are officially eliminated from contention. Everything is in our favour I'd like to think.

56b38d9f5dfae58c804e7da323a6a2c1.png

Heartbreak.

Even though we bottled it, Sampaio Correia are still going on my go-bust list. I'll write up a season review later, I need to plan for next season.

c69d962f11d9abacc31d3da5b6b095ca.png

End of season review

It was a big improvement and next season I only feel things will get better. We had a lot of loanees this season that don't want to stay at the club any longer, which is a shame because the likes of Gabriel Kazu, Nicolas and Santiago were all key this year. I have a huge squad and have to offload a few players this year. Rafael Barros is already gone, I also don't need Caio Cezar, Adson, Igor Goularte, Leandro Juca and Diogo.

In the market, I need a new BWM, False 9, Advanced Forward and a new Wing Back right. I have a 25K budget so I have something I can use to sign new players.

About to start Serie C again. This would be my third season. I've made some brilliant signings, signed one player in each of the positions I wanted (as mentioned above).

I'm in the Acre state league final. This time hopefully I don't bottle it like last year. So far in the league we've only conceded 2 goals.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few days break, giving Acreano a go again. Have to start over due to me getting relegated that last year. Not going to make many changes to my format though.

Archived