talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

But you've made up all the WA sides? 

I have FM17 and they've got them all and with a few players too. I used to be on it :( 

No mate, I've included a few NPL WA sides but in the third tier. If i remember correctly Inglewood are in the second tier. But yes, Karratha, Perth Numbats and Perth City FC are made up.

nice, had no clue you were on the game or even played it. Only a matter of time before my brother is included on the game :D 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blue said:

No mate, I've included a few NPL WA sides but in the third tier. If i remember correctly Inglewood are in the second tier. But yes, Karratha, Perth Numbats and Perth City FC are made up.

nice, had no clue you were on the game or even played it. Only a matter of time before my brother is included on the game :D 

Cool! Why Karratha though? Just can't ever imagine a team from up there! 

c1376a0c2766dad408215fc53ccd91b1.png

Canadian SC are a club based in Montevideo, Uruguay and play in the second tier.

I will be trying to replicate my highly successful Deportes Temuco save that I had in 2015. Trying to win the Copa Libertadores as well as the Uruguayn first division, trying to overthrow Peñarol and Nacional de Montevideo.

So to begin, I had a look at the squad and there were a few decent young players. I've picked out Facundo Muñoz. The 20 year old striker is going straight from the reserves to my first team and I'm training him to improve composure as well as placing the ball at the back of the net.

I'm going to play him as a poacher as he has decent pace and good finishing ability in order to just score a bunch of loose plays.

989bf75d9370a62a0e986613b93e1c03.png

The other player of note is Facundo Silva who is on loan from Danubio, the same club which Cavani started in. At 19, he's automatically my starting goalkeeper and hopefully I can tie him up on a permanent deal should we get promoted at the end of the season. That's an "if".

I didn't make many signings but I made one. Alejandro Lacruz. Center back who will play in a very rigid system. Very decent for this level and I got him on a free.

135885e2739c0889f02d4a75a5ce5cba.png

And as for my tactics, I decided to play a narrow system similar to when I was at Temuco.

6226dbd31a6198a6f03c20a7c58277cd.jpg

I'm playing a very rigid system, which will be based on good positioning and winning the ball in midfield. My AM Nicolas Galvis has good decision making. I also have a deep lying forward to support the poacher as well as my BWM and AM. One supporting full back and one on defence to maintain a backline of 3 when attacking and avoid silly counters.

I'll give updates every so often. I'll try to do one every month.

August and September

62837fd1150d0c11669e51441381aee6.png

Its been an OK start. Away form has been a bit sketchy. Andres Ayala and Gino Aguirre started off well, although Aguirre was injured for a bit. He's been creating danger despite only scoring in the first match. Andres Ayala is of course my top scorer with 3 goals and is my player of the month.

I've included the first match of October as well as it was on the first and I may as well have. My best performance has been against Progreso, who is a strong side in the Uruguayan Segunda. same with Villa Teresa but Miramar battered me and I'm concerned about how our away form will affect us.

Stats

6893c138354c2323b101687ae2f50a71.png

Top scorer: Andres Ayala (3)

October and November

4f84ba0c7f1924b6ef65ca79a0292e11.png

No goals scored in 2 months xD

We conceded 3 only and it was 4 matches, so defensively we've been decentish to good. However we only ever get firepower from Gino Aguirre and if he has an off day, we just don't threaten at all.

Not much else to say about these 2 months to be honest. Been dull.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

sounds like the plans will collapse further down the line. don't think you have much to worry about given that last sentence?

Yeah mate it worries me slightly. The season is done (no idea why its this short, transitional perhaps) and we didn't get promoted. I'm mostly worried about the finances.

December

36f63407362fbf63aa8138b99b1a1552.png

It was a good month. 4 points from 6 in a month is fine in my book. You've won more points than not after all. Facundo Muñoz and Gino Aguirre had a good month although in 2 out of 2 matches, you really only need to perform in one to get that and that's what happened xD

The season is done. No idea why, but it is and now I have to look for the future. I'll probably make a few January signings and see how I can win promotion in the next season. I think my tactic is good, but I need some really good firepower. Right now its only decent.

We're playing a lot like a typical Uruguayan side.

c1376a0c2766dad408215fc53ccd91b1.png

2017 Pre-Season

So to start, it seems last season was transitional as there are now 15 teams rather than 13 and we have a year long season again. My guess is that they wanted to change the season to go all year round rather than half a year to April/May. To be fair, that's the way it should be in South America. The winter is in June/July/August in most of the continent and Uruguay is one of the countries that doesn't have a northern and southern hemisphere in it.

Enough about that though, I made a few transfers to try and fight for promotion this time around. 3 teams go up. 2 automatically, the 3rd must win a playoff.

4fb0fb9185eef29d57f6ecc1db73022e.png

First up is Sebastian Ternero. I'm familiar with him as he's Peruvian and plays in the Peruvian league in real life. He's not very good usually, but in this game he's fine and even more for the Uruguayan Segunda Division. I think he'll fit right in and maybe if I get promoted I might want to tie him up on a permanent deal.

As all Peruvians, he thrives in technique and first touch. I'll have to play him in a very "Peruvian way" and I'll probably have him making direct passes instead of just short like I have the team playing at the moment. Definitely my deep lying playmaker.

2175510cb85cc3fe2f1432074b851666.png

Next up is Larramendi. He's my next rock in the backline. I'm moving Alejandro Lacruz to a midfield position to have Larramendi and Ayala be the center back duo. Think he'll get along just fine. He's experienced and has decent stats to help make a good challenge for the title.

My only concern is his anticipation. While definitely not awful, I do demand good anticipation for all defenders as I believe that's the secret to good defending.

e3d921577dfe8570f56674eb9a4fc10d.png

Next up is a name I'm not even going to try and spell. Clearly basque. I'll just call him "Gustavo". Anyhow, Gustavo is my next deep lying forward. He's slow and not very strong but aside from the latter, that's the only flaw I see for the role I want him in. Otherwise I think he's an excellent addition to the squad.

As long as he doesn't do the FM prick thing and retire days after I sign him, then he's in my good books. I hope he performs.

5cbed719c78c1854127751540521fa2a.png

Lastly, Fernando Ramirez who is going to take Galvis' spot in the attacking midfield role. Both Galvis and Ramirez have really good decision making and that is what I was looking for. I want chances created, not a bunch of fancy play only to come with no reward in the end. I need efficiency.

Ramirez and Galvis both offer that with 13+ decision making. I have 2 similar players in the AM position, which is good depth I feel.

d5b91dd286677a2d8421624a229e0a41.png

My lineup looks a bit like this now. I'm going to slightly change my tactic. I'm going to change it to structured rather than highly structured and add a few player instructions such as Ternero with more direct passing. 

I'll see what else I can add but those are the 2 big ones.

Anyhow, my first game is against Miramar Misiones. Not easy, but we must get at least a point away to these teams if we want to go up.

February and March

5953694cb444a5cb7cdc884b4013d15a.png

Disastrous month. What makes it worse is that we only scored in the matches where we lost. 2 games, the points we have gotten were home 0-0 draws. Embarrassing.

I made some changes in the El Tanque Sisley game and put out a wide system for home games. I probably should have just stuck with the narrow game I was using as they are in first. I've lost hope in automatic promotion but playoffs is still up for grabs. Changes must be made immediately to try and salvage something from this.

The Villa Teresa game was the worst. We were 2-2 with 20 minutes left and they go and score 2 goals. Stupid.

We are bottom and I cba to show the table right now.

Don't you just hate it when you set to defend on very high intensity + defensive positioning for matchday preparation then your outdone by 4 fucking set pieces?

2ca9137b8d2e4b19cb21c8a4ddfddb61.png

April and May

5df475f6580d17f0b64e92de51044fae.png

There has been some improvement. I've been switching between wide and narrow, but my wide 4-2-3-1 leaked goals left and right. I eventually settled for my narrow formation and for some unknown reason, results began coming unlike before. No complaints, just seems a little odd to me. Perhaps the squad needed to gel.

Facundo Muños is on huge form and now we have a proper goalscorer. I play him as a poacher and he's done really well as of late. Fernando Ramirez has also found his footing and is doing a lot better now then before.

Table update

d2f4db8e14a0cda6b704ee95697b20ba.png

I've moved up in the table after hitting some really good form, but now I've got 2 huge games. Villa Teresa at home and Oriental de la Paz away!

June, July and August

ab52c94fd03ff47c54ef72058dc19632.png

The run of games started off really nicely and since we had to face Villa Teresa and Oriental de la Paz as 2 huge games, we've been awful. Lost all but 1. Now I'm just preparing for next season, see what I can do to finish in the top half and who I can sign. I don't think I'll get sacked, but I definitely have to change something.

Even if I do though, I'll just find another job in the same save. Won't be the end of the world.

September, October and November

f1d114866fcae934912338c154c3d52b.png

Think this is a good way to end what has been a disappointing season. I've actually focused more in making new signings instead of winning the games as I just wasn't bothered. Facundo Muñoz (as always) went on a tear this month as he wanted that Uruguayan Segunda Division golden boot.

And that he did win! Facundo Muñoz was the top scorer of the division with 16 goals. Fair play to him. Gino Aguirre also had the most assists, which really showed we had the best attacking line in the league when they click. Its the midfield that's let us down for large portions of the season.

I made a few emergency signings like Diego De Souza and a CB called Melo. I won't show either as they won't be sticking around (at least De Souza won't) and I've made a few signings for the next season. Exciting times ahead.

Here I'll leave Muñoz' stats again.

88ef6303e4f8b8164af3e9d073a89309.png

Archived