talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) Blue's Saves

football forum

That National League is a massive arsehole when you’re a part-time team. On an old game a few years ago, I remember taking Harrogate Town up from the National League North after nearly getting sacked in December, to then spend the next three seasons being stuck in Groundhog Day of fighting relegation battle after relegation battle. 

The board had no interest in going full-time as the finances weren’t great so it was a case of just battling, though that gets boring after a while. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That National League is a massive arsehole when you’re a part-time team. On an old game a few years ago, I remember taking Harrogate Town up from the National League North after nearly getting sacked in December, to then spend the next three seasons being stuck in Groundhog Day of fighting relegation battle after relegation battle. 

The board had no interest in going full-time as the finances weren’t great so it was a case of just battling, though that gets boring after a while. 

I'm not fully part-time (I may be wrong, I'll double check in a bit) but yeah its really difficult if you don't have any money.

@Stan was spot on. I bought a really limited winger called Longelo, but he has 14 pace which immediately cancels out his technical limitations. I should look for more really.

Predicted to finish 21st, currently in the top 16 and the squad is complaining about underachieving. Couldn't make this up.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Kettering were once a giant at that level. Even Gazza played for them.

Original club gone bust now no?

Dropped down a league and now I am at Poole Town. Actually doing quite well too, fighting playoffs. Bell-baggie and Gillepsie my 2 best.

I hate the non-leagues, such inconsistent results that are uncontrollable.

Can't wait to get out of it.

This game is so fucking scripted. I had been in a playoff spot all season and as soon as march hit, the following happened

- Lost 70% of my games

- My 40+ goal striker gets a 7 week injury. Replacement doesn't do his job.

- Lose 3-2 after being up 2-0, draw 3-3 at home after being up 3-1, draw 4-4 at home to bottom of the table after being up 4-2 in the last 10 minutes.

No matter what I do, team talk, XI changes, tactical tweaks, nothing ever changes. So blatantly fucking scripted. Nobody is going to fucking convince me that this was a good season after being predicted to finish bottom. So much effort for us to become the Derby County of the non-leagues.

Oh and Bell-Baggie is getting his name changed to Bell-End in the editor.

Losing to Bath now in another must win.

Eventually decided this team deserves a beating.

Have fun lads, I'm going home early.

b5d712e6a491d9ba33c4d0b28f25231f.png

Lost 9-3 xD

The dopey pricks were actually bothered in not getting smashed but not in winning. Good riddance I say. We relied too much on Gillespie this season.

• 5 months later...

After a few struggling starting saves, I've finally got going with this one using Newells Old Boys. My intention is to win the league before the full game comes out. Hopefully I can achieve this.

My tactics. I am playing a narrow shaped 5-3-2 WB with shorter passing, overlapping on the left side and on the ground system. Took a few tweaks but it is working quite well so far I have to say.

3ca7fe7321e60e0fe588696c0a3b6829.png

e85a2f001351ed78b51393252e00f710.png

5 hours ago, Stan said:

definitely some subliminal messaging there that's not that subliminal which made him choose that team.

I was actually trying to come up with a clever title for this thread, which had to do with the abbreviation "NOB". I'm no comedian though, so if I did try it it would be very unfunny and maybe even cringeworthy xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was actually trying to come up with a clever title for this thread, which had to do with the abbreviation "NOB". I'm no comedian though, so if I did try it it would be very unfunny and maybe even cringeworthy xD

'Get your NOB out for the (TF365) lads' 

Finished my first season with Newells. Finished in 8th which I think is very viable. We have a horrendous setup and I can't even renew contracts because I started so over the wage bill. We had a bad start, but we went on a unbeaten run including results like beating Boca Juniors. Luis Leal was our top scorer with 13 goals, the Sao Tome and Principe man. I also have to give a mention to Victor Figueroa, whom I gave a chance mid season and killed it during Mauro Formica's injury. We've been plagued with injuries in general, but we've managed to find a working formula with the 5-3-2 after I removed the shorter passing. 

0d3d56cf65430e841ecf4468052ce3a5.png

b81ebab5ad0b8c39fa404740503f9e5a.png

As you can see, we didn't lose for the longest time near the end and technically that run will go into the next season. We were really struggling at one point though and I'm glad I was able to turn it around. I can't complain about those 4 draws near the end either, as the Boca match took out a lot from us and it was mostly away to strong sides.

Now next season I really hope I get a budget. I can't renew anyones contract and I need reinforcements. That simple. 

I think I have to leave unfortunately. The financial situation here is terrible. I've lost about 6 of my first teamers cos I couldn't renew their contracts and I still can't sign anyone new. 

I'm considering in starting my main long term save now, would anyone recommend it yet?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

I think I have to leave unfortunately. The financial situation here is terrible. I've lost about 6 of my first teamers cos I couldn't renew their contracts and I still can't sign anyone new. 

I'm considering in starting my main long term save now, would anyone recommend it yet?

stick with it! 

Try and promote from within. Maybe selling some of your best players will work out in the long term by giving you some much-needed financial strength. Can you get a parent club to help get any loans in (not sure if it works like it does in Europe?)

I'll stick with it then. Cheers.

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Stick with it @Blue and try and bring in players that will suit your system.

That's the issue, I can't bring in loans, free players or anything. The financial situation here is shocking, I've lost 6 players and I still am way over the wage bill.

I'll give it a few more months but if the expectation is too high, I won't be surprised if I get sacked.

Archived