talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will Be The Next British Manager to Win The Premier League?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure why Eddie Howe's 'stock has fallen', Bournemouth have had a difficult start but they usually do. While they have spent money the job he's done over a long period of time is magnificent, the stand out English manager.

Him and dyce I think. St George's park has tried to develop coaches as well as players. Hopefully we will start to see the benefits soon. I don't think howe is any worse than last season it's just hard to sustain success with a club like Bournemouth. If you have a good season then a bad one doesn't mean you are suddenly a bad manager. So yeah I agree howe is quality.

9 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure why Eddie Howe's 'stock has fallen', Bournemouth have had a difficult start but they usually do. While they have spent money the job he's done over a long period of time is magnificent, the stand out English manager.

Lost to West Brom, to Everton, drew with Leicester and hasn't taken a single point from playing City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea. He was being touted as the next Arsenal manager, two of the clubs he lost to have sacked their manager and Tony Pulis is level points with him.

It's not the end of the season and there's still a fair whack to go, but it's Bournemouth's third season in this division now and they've not really made any headway in the same way the likes of Southampton and Swansea did as they came up.

• Subscriber

What I find weird about Bournemouth is that they seem to spend a fair bit yet start so many of the players they've had for years. Are these players they've had years actually a lot better than given credit for, or are they recruiting badly?

I just can't see it happened.  No way a top club takes the chance on somebody without a long history of sucess.  They would first have to win something with one of the smaller clubs,  get into Europe and win the Europa league and a possibly pull off a top four finish.  They may have to go abroad and win a title.

Archived