talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 10th November - England 0-0 Germany

football forum

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Stan said:

At what point does Teso praise Maguire? He along with Stones and Loftus-Cheek were the better players on the pitch. The latter rightfully given man of the match. 

When he joins Man Utd.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Thought Germany probably edged it, we had a couple of glorious chances though, that Trippier one early doors is criminal, passes that and it's 1-0. Lingard too. Garbage.

Got a newfound liking of Loftus-Cheek after that. Certain players have this aura about them, they look so naturally gifted and he looked exactly that tonight. Really impressed.

Maguire lucky to not give a goal away within two minutes but probably the pick of the defenders for us.

Rudiger is garbage. Sane I think is going to be considered one of the best players in the world in the next three years.

Stones took so much shit last season and in fairness when I saw him against Scotland at Wembley he was so sloppy, he's come on a lot this season and will probably be our first "world class" defender since we had the likes of Ferdinand, Terry and Campbell.

Loftus Cheek, Stones and Pickford were my top 3 performers from last night. No question. And they will rightly gain most of the positive comments we can take.

However one man who does deserve praise I think is Jamie Vardy. We know that Harry Kane is our number one striker but Jamie Vardy still offers so much to this team.

In an era where our team isn't filled with star studded names like Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen etc, it's our oldest player on the pitch that provides that genuine buzz of excitement and looks most capable of really scaring the opposition. He's such a dangerous outlet for us to have and he really showed that last night.

Against Germany, it was always apparent we would have to play on the break. So someone like Vardy is always vital to the team.

Great turn of pace from him in the opening moments to leave the German defence trailing and cross the ball for Abraham and Trippier not to take.

Then he had a very decent chance he lofted over ter Stegen but although he missed the chance, it was a perfect example of how we don't have to always have the ball to fashion a chance, we can switch from defence to attack in a flash with him on the pitch.

Infact, bar a greta reaction save from their keeper, he'd have scored that header from Trippier's cross.

There was also one moment last night where Vardy was firstly defending near his own area helping out team mates and then relieving pressure by chasing down and outpacing Rudiger who was odds on favourite to get the ball and winning a free kick. It's that kind of ethic that I love to see in this team and what makes his inclusion so handy.

Tammy Abraham went off for Rashford after an hour and looked knackered and yet Vardy continued to bomb about chasing the cause and battling those 50/50 duels. He really impressed me and showed what a brilliant option he offers to the team.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Loftus Cheek, Stones and Pickford were my top 3 performers from last night. No question. And they will rightly gain most of the positive comments we can take.

However one man who does deserve praise I think is Jamie Vardy. We know that Harry Kane is our number one striker but Jamie Vardy still offers so much to this team.

In an era where our team isn't filled with star studded names like Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen etc, it's our oldest player on the pitch that provides that genuine buzz of excitement and looks most capable of really scaring the opposition. He's such a dangerous outlet for us to have and he really showed that last night.

Against Germany, it was always apparent we would have to play on the break. So someone like Vardy is always vital to the team.

Great turn of pace from him in the opening moments to leave the German defence trailing and cross the ball for Abraham and Trippier not to take.

Then he had a very decent chance he lofted over ter Stegen but although he missed the chance, it was a perfect example of how we don't have to always have the ball to fashion a chance, we can switch from defence to attack in a flash with him on the pitch.

Infact, bar a greta reaction save from their keeper, he'd have scored that header from Trippier's cross.

There was also one moment last night where Vardy was firstly defending near his own area helping out team mates and then relieving pressure by chasing down and outpacing Rudiger who was odds on favourite to get the ball and winning a free kick. It's that kind of ethic that I love to see in this team and what makes his inclusion so handy.

Tammy Abraham went off for Rashford after an hour and looked knackered and yet Vardy continued to bomb about chasing the cause and battling those 50/50 duels. He really impressed me and showed what a brilliant option he offers to the team.

That's what's so good about Vardy - he can not score and still be a MOTM contender. He's had many games for us, the one that sticks out in my head was Newcastle at home a couple of years ago, where he didn't actually score and he was comfortably the best player on the park.

Should be going to Russia for me. 6 goals in the league as well as offering that outlet.

Archived