talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

football forum

185px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

West Ham United Football Club is a professional football club based in Stratford, East London, England. They compete in the Premier League, the top tier of English football. The club re-located to the London Stadium in 2016.

The club was founded in 1895 as Thames Ironworks and reformed in 1900 as West Ham United. They moved to the Boleyn Ground in 1904, which remained their home ground for more than a century. The team initially competed in the Southern League and Western League before joining the Football League in 1919. They were promoted to the top flight in 1923, when they were also losing finalists in the first FA Cup Final held at Wembley. In 1940, the club won the inaugural Football League War Cup.

All discussion relating to West Ham United that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've gotta give him credit for the work he done last season, but it was pointless finishing in the top 7 after they were knocked out of the Europa league again in the qualifiers. Obviously the stadium move has hindered the whole club really and I think any manager would have struggled to keep West Ham in the top half this season under the circumstances. 

• Subscriber

I think its been hard on the guy. His star player from last season has become a thorn in his side and their performances haven't helped. Still, they aren't wallowing with the teams in relegation and I can't see how sacking him is going to do anything to improve their situation. He did well last season and they have a team who can grind out results. 

Their next set of fixtures isn't all that bad either and points are there for the taking. I don't see him going.

I don't watch West Ham every week so I don't know if he should be sacked or not.

I think outsiders love to talk with authority about other clubs managers after just looking at the league table and piecing together a few bits and pieces they can think of.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I always thought that was a bit of a joke until I saw a West Ham fan on YouTube bring it up without a flutter of sarcasm. How a club from the opposite end of the country can piss me off so much is a testament to how much of a shambles they are. 

Hopefully they keep Bilic and implode next season, I don't think you'd get many crying for them.

My dislike for them stems from when they went down from the Prem at our expense. Their bitterness just exposed them as the mob of cunts that they are. 

• Subscriber

West Ham really have become such a dislikeable club. Cannot stand the fact their owners binned off one of the most iconic grounds in the country to move them to a non-football ground in the middle of a retail park, entirely for money, and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I don't mind them showing ambition. Players like Lacazette, Lukaku, Batshuyai, Bacca etc were worth contacting last summer because nobody would have predicted they'd flop the qualifiers.

What annnoys me about them is the owners. They constantly belittle and undermine there Managers because of the false illusion where there club stands. Billic looks like a man who knows the end may be near and that rubs off on the players. The same thing happened with Allardyce in his last season. 

Oh and don't get me started on how they got The Olympic Stadium. Everything about that scenario is symbolic of why people find David Cameron, Karen Brady and there Torrie buddies such detestable humans.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I don't mind them showing ambition. Players like Lacazette, Lukaku, Batshuyai, Bacca etc were worth contacting last summer because nobody would have predicted they'd flop the qualifiers.

What annnoys me about them is the owners. They constantly belittle and undermine there Managers because of the false illusion where there club stands. Billic looks like a man who knows the end may be near and that rubs off on the players. The same thing happened with Allardyce in his last season. 

Oh and don't get me started on how they got The Olympic Stadium. Everything about that scenario is symbolic of why people find David Cameron, Karen Brady and there Torrie buddies such detestable humans.

I don't buy that they showed ambition. They didn't bring in a single player with any wow factor. They talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't buy that they showed ambition. They didn't bring in a single player with any wow factor. They talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

I think by going for them they showed the ambition. Just understandably struggled to get anyone when they couldn't get past a Romanian pub team. Even though it didn't work out Zaza seemed a coup at the time.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I think by going for them they showed the ambition. Just understandably struggled to get anyone when they couldn't get past a Romanian pub team. Even though it didn't work out Zaza seemed a coup at the time.

Cannabis has nailed it for me. We could easily go out and bid for Sigurdsson this summer and offer £10mil for him. That isn't showing ambition, that's showing delusion. They didn't back up their supposed ambition at all.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Surely ambition has to be met with a hint of realism though? We could head into the summer and announce that we have made bids for Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo but that to me would just be us being deluded. It's exactly the same for West Ham and the likes of Lacazette and Lukaku, there's absolutely no way that they would join such a small club yet they still try anyway. 

Id argue given that Everton were not in Europe and Lacazette had previously considered Newcastle as a possible destination they were realistic targets until they flopped Europe. 

As for delusion, I'd argue you did that when you seemed annoyed at the appointment of Koeman /divaemoji 

They live in this magical world where they're on par with Arsenal and Spurs but only bad luck and refereeing decisions stops them from being amongst the elite. It's just weird how big some of their fans actually think they are. 

The only thing of relevance they cling onto is the FA Cup Final in '06 and the Play-off final against Blackpool a few years ago. 

My thoughts on West Ham United changed when they moved to that horrible Olympic Stadium in Stratford.  I've driven past there on countless occasions and everytime I pass I shake my head in disappointment and disillusion. Moved from where they're from into a monstrosity that isn't and never will be a football stadium.

In general I have nothing against them at all and maybe it's because I'm a Londoner and so many of my friends when I was a kid were WHU fans.  For me they were one of the most traditional football clubs in the country steeped in football heritage.  Infact I used to envy them when I was a kid to a certain extent because of the way they played the game or better said, how they felt for the game...  Only an emerging Derby County and later on Nottingham Forest managed by a certain Brian Clough were trying the same things.  But West Ham were the real deal even though they were never a dominant force.  That's why I don't understand the "hatred" toward them and I think that comes from younger generations to myself and that many aren't from London.

Feel sorry for the West Ham United fans from my generation and obviously earlier...  Their club has become a more famous version of MK Dons.

• The title was changed to West Ham United Discussion - Moyes Replaces Bilic Til End of Season

Archived