• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

West Ham away is comfortably the worst away day in the league now. I think the whole reason they moved there was to soften the blow when Reading inevitably come up.

• Subscriber

He's not very good at all. He has one important quality, being in the right place a lot of the time to score goals, but his general play is pretty sub standard. West Ham is his level.

50 minutes ago, Storts said:

He's not very good at all. He has one important quality, being in the right place a lot of the time to score goals, but his general play is pretty sub standard. West Ham is his level.

Some might say that scoring goals is the point of football and it didn't do Gary "Refugees Welcome in your street but not mine" Lineker much harm did it? He certainly did fuck all else

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Salford Kel said:

Some might say that scoring goals is the point of football and it didn't do Gary "Refugees Welcome in your street but not mine" Lineker much harm did it? He certainly did fuck all else

Of course, It's a really useful skill to have, and why Antonio has done well, but speak to a lot of my more level headed West Ham mates and they really don't rate him at all. He's really poor on the ball and doesn't really have a position. Lineker was different class.

I've always had a soft spot for West Ham and I used to love going to Upton Park but since their new owners took over and they moved to that dreadful eyesore of an athletics stadium I can't really be doing with them. They have serious delusions of grandeur for a club that has never even won the league, haven't won a trophy in almost 40 years and whose 'Academy of Football' graduates usually fuck them off before they hit 21 if they're any good.

I know quite a few West Ham fans and I have to say the vast majority are as passionate, loyal  and knowledgeable about the game and their club as anyone I know but their whoppers are unbearable.

When you have to bang on about 'winning the World Cup' because you had three players in the team (because Jimmy Greaves got injured, I might add) and go on about a bunch of tits fighting another bunch of tits at the match because it's better to get beaten up than watch your World Cup heroes get turned over by Stoke and finish about 16th every year then you're really nothing but a small time non-entity.

The only claim they'd have for being a big club is that they have a lot of supporters for a club so unsuccesful

Antonio must look at Victor Moses and think 'if he's at a title winning side I can do the same'.

I don't blame him for that attitude, and given he started at Tooting and Mitcham and now finds himself at this position I reckon he'd be happy spending 3/4 years grafting in the hope of getting a similar opportunity to what Victor Moses has done.

It's Steve Sidwell Syndrome when he joined Chelsea. Sure you can leave Reading to join an Aston Villa or you can join Chelsea, see if you're good enough, and end up at an Aston Villa anyway. It's well worth the risk.

Genuinely pissed off that West Ham have escaped the posibility of relegation. They don't deserve to stay up. A better team will go down. The Hammers have looked disunited this season and look completely out of their depth at the Olympic Stadium.

You can add Batshuyai on loan and Kelechi Iheanaco for £20m to the list of strikers West Ham will be signing this summer because, according to the Evening Standard yesterday, they're going after strikers this summer, which seems like what they've tried to do for the past three or four summers. 

Right [rolls up sleeves] after re-reading this thread I feel that it is now my duty to uphold the honour of what is the biggest club in the world [that's irony by the way before you all start getting your pitchforks out]. The fate, nay the actual existance, rests upon my broad shoulders [they're the broadest in world, once even winning the World Cup]. So using the immortal words of the Delia, lets be havin' you.

To recap most of you despise the club for the following reasons;

• We're a small club that just doesn't know its place.
  • We have ambition that we have no right to.
  • We make offers for quality players.
  • We've moved to a bigger stadium.
  • We're just like MK Dons, the club that moved from one city to another town just over 50 miles away.

So now we have the benchmarks set out let battle commence.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to him. Given the owners demands for a big improvement and the lack of quality currently in the squad they are not in a position to give youth a chance. I want to see more of our young players go abroad, get chances, and learn a different way of playing football, so hopefully it all goes well for him.

• The title was changed to West Ham United Discussion - Moyes Replaces Bilic Til End of Season

Archived