talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

To be fair, a lot of people said the same thing about Ranieri and look how that turned out.

Moyes had no real chance of success at either Manchester United or Sunderland (although he isn't blameless for the failures) and he did do a good job at Everton for a long time. I don't think it's fair to write him off completely, but at the same time, a club that claims to be ambitious shouldn't even consider appointing a manager whose reputation is in the toilet like David Moyes.

His time at Real Sociedad found him out for me mate. Spanish football is very tactical and planning for each game is paramount.

But your devil’s advocate is something I can’t argue with because I’m no soothsayer and can’t see the future. With this, as a West Ham United fan I wouldn’t be dancing around with Moyes’ appointment. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

His time at Real Sociedad found him out for me mate. Spanish football is very tactical and planning for each game is paramount.

But your devil’s advocate is something I can’t argue with because I’m no soothsayer and can’t see the future. With this, as a West Ham United fan I wouldn’t be dancing around with Moyes’ appointment. 

Moyes is a meticulous planner, very obsessive in all aspects of his game plan. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I paid little to no attention to his time at Sociedad, so I'll defer to your knowledge on that one.

I wouldn't be dancing around either, and I think that's a bigger issue for West Ham than some realise. There's a fair amount of discontent among West Ham fans due to the stadium (both the stadium itself and how the move was handled) and the decline in quality in the squad and performances on the pitch. Any goodwill the board earned by sacking Bilic will have quickly dissipated because of this uninspiring appointment. As we know, West Ham fans are a demanding bunch (some may say too demanding) and things could get ugly if they don't start improving soon.

Managers, much like players, tend to bring the exact same problems they have had at previous clubs to their new one's.

Moyes has been criticised by Man Utd and Sunderland fans for sticking with the same failing turgid shite and lacking any creative problem solving. 

West Ham might be closer to what his methods work with and he might at least to some extent replicate the results his dour and unwatchable Everton team got :ph34r:

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

All respect to what Moyes did at Everton, but how can someone continue to make a career out of a moment in history?  Everything else has been absolutely terrible!

I'd be pissed off if I were a WHU fan because anything Moyes has to offer has nothing whatsoever to do with that club.

11 years is a long moment. Even if you dilute it to his years of successfully advancing the club that's 4-5 years.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

11 years is a long moment. Even if you dilute it to his years of successfully advancing the club that's 4-5 years.

Like I said mate, football doesn’t live in the past. What he did at Everton was very commendable... Already mentioned that.

But what he’s done since has been more of a joke. At Real Sociedad he was exactly that and if it wasn’t for Neville who was around then he’d have gotten even more stick.

Since he’s returned coupled with his short time in Spain he’s been shit. It’s as simple as that. Just because he’s been around for a bit, mediocrity is mediocrity. 

Given how much the game has changed in this country in the last couple of years I don't think you can really justify the appointment based on a very good period at Everton. 

On a side note, whilst he is a complete ballbag of a human you have to commend Sam Allardyce for regularly being one step ahead with his knowledge around sports sciene, technology etc. to stay relevant continuously.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I personally can’t wait to see the Olympic stadium in the championship next year

And I want to see Karren Brady in tears when this happens. Can't stand the bint. 

I don't really see the point in debating whether he will be a success or not. We'll see at west ham. I don't think there are any real excuses at west ham. If he does badly here he will probably not get another job in the premier league until he proves  himself again

Archived