talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't really see the point in debating whether he will be a success or not. We'll see at west ham. I don't think there are any real excuses at west ham. If he does badly here he will probably not get another job in the premier league until he proves  himself again

we've moved on to @Fairy In Boots best comment ever made on here or TFF - how good of a shout is Karren Brady's daughter :D 

So far, we've had 'great, excellent and fantastic'. What you bringing to the table?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

we've moved on to @Fairy In Boots best comment ever made on here or TFF - how good of a shout is Karren Brady's daughter :D 

So far, we've had 'great, excellent and fantastic'. What you bringing to the table?

Wasn't paying attention. That's a better topic though :D

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Do blokes dressed as green furry dinosaurs wearing a football kit look at birds? :ph34r:

Absolutely. No one can when your dressed up as a dinosaur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

hasn't he proved that he can't, though? 

Did poorly at Utd (I thought he should have been given time; Fergie's footsteps were huge to fill in for). Screwed up at Sociedad.

still in honeymoon period at West Ham and think he's one of the best xD 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

What a berk he is. 

“I can do any job in the world”

”Except the United, Sociadad and Sunderland ones” 

I think whether he failed or not at Sunderland is up for debate. Ok if his job was football manager then he failed, but if his job was toilet attendant then he got a massive turd that had been stuck in the bowl for a long time to flush, job well done.

• Subscriber

West Ham are shite and he's got a few results for them. I said from early on they'd be a good fit and if he can't succeed at West Ham I think he's finished as a manager. So far, so good I'd say.

End of the day if you give a balanced account of Moyes' career he's had 15 good years at Preston and then Everton and 4 shocking years where he's made some extremely ill-advised career choices.

And before anyone tries to rewrite history about Moyes' Everton tenure because we never won anything and had a poor away record against the Sky clubs, it certainly wasn't the steady hand of Bill Kenwright that changed us from a club waiting to be relegated into a team that finished top half every season and frequently qualified for Europe despite selling our best players whenever they got good enough to play for a top 6 side and investing next to none of the money in new players for the majority of that time.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

West Ham are shite and he's got a few results for them. I said from early on they'd be a good fit and if he can't succeed at West Ham I think he's finished as a manager. So far, so good I'd say.

End of the day if you give a balanced account of Moyes' career he's had 15 good years at Preston and then Everton and 4 shocking years where he's made some extremely ill-advised career choices.

And before anyone tries to rewrite history about Moyes' Everton tenure because we never won anything and had a poor away record against the Sky clubs, it certainly wasn't the steady hand of Bill Kenwright that changed us from a club waiting to be relegated into a team that finished top half every season and frequently qualified for Europe despite selling our best players whenever they got good enough to play for a top 6 side and investing next to none of the money in new players for the majority of that time.

Sums him up well this I think. He’s a 7th and below standard manager. Not good enough for the top 6 clubs but will always find employment at one of the others. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The FA has charged West Ham with breaching anti-doping rules after alleging the club failed to ensure the accuracy of its 'Club Whereabouts' information.

As well as players being individually responsible for keeping The FA informed of their whereabouts, clubs must inform The FA of their training schedules, any changes to the time or location, which players are attending and a list of addresses where each player regularly resides.

A club which fails to adhere to these requirements three times within a 12-month rolling period will be charged with breaching The FA's rules on anti-doping, specifically Regulation 14(d).

Given this ruleing has been in for so long i'm amazed that so many clubs still fall short of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived