talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

One thing I've noticed is the players are behind him. He's not lost the dressing room which can happen with teams doing bad. Bilic did look really upset. I think a lot mangers think well I'll get another job but I think bilic really loves west ham.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given they have ambition to be a top half club consistently it's not exactly an ambitious replacement. I'd argue Slaven is better.

Moyes got everton to the champions league play of. An fa cup final and consistent top 6 finishes.

• Administrator
On 23/10/2017 at 1:07 AM, The Palace Fan said:

Its madness what goes on. Stamford Bridge has a step going in to the away dressing room and the door covers the white board when opened. They were saying most away dressing rooms are designed to have slippery surfaces, no heating, dimmer lights etc anything to get an advantage. 

when i did the tour of our stadium last season, they showed us the away dressing room. It was explained that there was a pillar bang in the middle placed simply so that the manager couldn't face the whole of his team at the same time. 

So petty but probably somewhat effective.

32 minutes ago, HK85 said:

He's been legged out of every job he's had since. 

Sunderland were a sinking ship and british managers rarely do well in Spain

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Sunderland were a sinking ship and british managers rarely do well in Spain

He sunk the ship and he should known about the success rate of British managers in Spain before thinking he could do well there. 

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

He sunk the ship and he should known about the success rate of British managers in Spain before thinking he could do well there. 

Sunderland were gonna go down eventually. He was just the man who was in charge. Just because british managers had a bad record doesn't mean he shouldn't give it a go.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Sunderland were gonna go down eventually. He was just the man who was in charge. Just because british managers had a bad record doesn't mean he shouldn't give it a go.

Mate he’s shite. No two ways about it. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mate he’s shite. No two ways about it. 

Well that's your opionion I don't agree. The proof will be in the pudding. We'll have to just wait and see

I feel for Bilic. He looked a desperate man yesterday in his interview and he's hurting badly. I think he's a likable guy and I feel he was on to a good thing at West Ham in that last season at Upton Park. They played as good as they had done that season for years, Payet was obviously pivotal in that and someone they have never been able to replace.

The move to the new stadium has sucked the life out of the club. There's no passion, it's a big empty bowl where your Liverpool's, Man City's, Arsenal's etc are thinking they can roll them over for four's or five's. Even Brighton went there the other week and bagged three. Some of the stuffing's they have had there is unreal and if you have newly promoted sides going there with that kind of belief, you are in trouble.

That doesn't excuse the defending mind. They should still be able to play without the defence parting like a slappers legs every five minutes at the sign of trouble.

I think it's probably inevitable now Bilic will get sacked but whoever they do get in will need to work heavily on the defensive side of their game. Most the goals West Ham concede is because the defence and midfield are too far away from eachother and they give the opposing team's midfield too much space to exploit.

15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well that's your opionion I don't agree. The proof will be in the pudding. We'll have to just wait and see

How much proof do you need? He’s been sacked from every job since  Everton, who he almost got relegated might I add. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How much proof do you need? He’s been sacked from every job since  Everton, who he almost got relegated might I add. 

Finished 17th once in his first full season then top half for 8-9 straight years with maybe 1 or 2 11th places so you've twisted that last point pretty badly.

I think Moyes at West Ham could work actually.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hope he stays with them and takes West Ham further down in to the relegation battle. 

They never seem to have any shape or way of playing. 

Which is weird because I remember when Bilic first arrived they had a clear pressing and counter-attacking approach, which is why they caused so much trouble for the top sides. 

No idea what's happened. Losing Payet obviously took all the sting out of their attack, but all the other aspects of their play have disappeared too. 

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Which is weird because I remember when Bilic first arrived they had a clear pressing and counter-attacking approach, which is why they caused so much trouble for the top sides. 

No idea what's happened. Losing Payet obviously took all the sting out of their attack, but all the other aspects of their play have disappeared too. 

yep, they seemed to press with more intensity and they had an energy about them. 

You'd think they'd try and give Hernandez more service and opportunities to score. They're not totally devoid of quality but they do certainly lack any kind of togetherness.

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Most managers get sacked. Utd would be to big for most managers, most british managers don't do well in Spain and sunderland were gonna go down eventually. Like I said we will see what happens if he goes to west ham. Also had a very bad run at the end of his first season they were never in danger of getting relegated from what I remember

48 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Finished 17th once in his first full season then top half for 8-9 straight years with maybe 1 or 2 11th places so you've twisted that last point pretty badly.

I think Moyes at West Ham could work actually.

I don't remember them finishing mid table after his first season?

Scrap that you are right they finished 11th in 2006. Still though overall moyes did do well at everton

• The title was changed to West Ham United Discussion - Moyes Replaces Bilic Til End of Season

Archived