The better place to talk football.

West Ham United Discussion

football forum

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Danny said:

I really really really really really hope you make a big money move for Gray :D

I'd be happy to sign Grey [for a reasonable amount]. He's a handful and definitely has goals in him.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Danny said:

I really really really really really hope you make a big money move for Gray :D

Do you still support West Ham at all? Not meant as a wum just curious as to whether you still look out for their results etc?

ps. Assume there's a big sell on fee on Gray?

10 hours ago, Storts said:

Do you still support West Ham at all? Not meant as a wum just curious as to whether you still look out for their results etc?

ps. Assume there's a big sell on fee on Gray?

Na never look out for them mate, at the time I didn't just change teams straight away, I stopped paying attention to football like that for about a year, including West Ham. It was only when I started going to Brentford again as I did as a teen that I enjoyed football again, never really looked out for West Ham since or even had a smile on when they've won.

A fansite reported it at 27.5% when he left, not sure how true that is but I'm quite sure we've at least got around 20%.

Enner Valencia returns to Mexico

image: https://www.whufc.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/Enner_726.jpg

Enner Valencia

West Ham United can confirm that Enner Valencia has joined Mexican Liga MX club Tigres UANL for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old departs east London after three seasons, during which he scored ten goals in 66 appearances in Claret and Blue.

Valencia joined the Hammers after a prolific 2014 season in Mexican football with Pachuca and a fine showing at that summer’s FIFA World Cup finals with Ecuador.

After an encouraging first season, including his unforgettable thunderbolt at Hull City on just his fourth appearance, Valencia’s progress was slowed by injuries. However, he did return to score both goals in a memorable 2-2 Premier League draw with Manchester City in January 2016.

The South American spent last season on loan at Everton, for whom he netted three goals in 30 appearances.

West Ham United would like to thank Enner for his efforts and wish him all the best for his future career.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/july/13-july/enner-valencia-returns-mexico#Z9tkbGUuq2WjyI1M.99

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Crazy how poor he's been at West Ham as I thought he would do really well. What happened @Large?

I seemed to be in the minority mate who actually don't mind him. He has been hot and cold but I put that down to first season jitters and still getting used to it all. It hasn't helped that the two main positions that he plays in are covered by better players [Lanzini and Antonio], so his chances came through injuries. I'm surprised he wasn't tried up top at any time considering how woeful in front of goal we were last season. I'd like him to stay. 

Yeah, I hope this happens to. Think it would mean then end of Nobes though. Not necessarily a bad thing as he's not what we need if we want to push on, but with his history with the club it will be sad to see him become more of a bench player.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wow, one of the most sought after midfielders in Europe a couple of years ago. 

West Ham doing some great business to be fair. Wouldn't surprise me them pushing for 7th this season. 

Their game against Man U Monday night should be good. 

Yeah, I had to look him up. Is a striker, free agent and was playing for Ajax U21s last season.

Also had to look up Sead Haksabanovic who we've just signed from Halmstad for £2.7m. He's 18 and plays left midfield, or anywhere along the middle.

West Ham have told Scotland midfielder Robert Snodgrass that he can leave the London club, either on a permanent basis or on loan.

The Hammers signed the 29-year-old from Hull City in January for £10.2m on a three-and-a-half year deal.

But after scoring seven goals in 20 matches for Hull, Snodgrass failed to score in 15 Premier League appearances for West Ham last season.

The former Leeds and Norwich player has been capped 24 times.

• The title was changed to West Ham United Discussion - Moyes Replaces Bilic Til End of Season

Archived