talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Collecting

football forum

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a collector. On and off sometimes but I am one nevertheless.

I like to collect old video games, football kits and footballs. Some of the things I own:

Video Games

- Sega Genesis/Megadrive

- Terminator (Sega)

- Paperboy (Sega)

- Road Rash (Sega)

- Sega Game Gear

- Jurassic Park (Game Gear)

- FIFA 95 (Game Gear)

Football Kits

- Australia 1974 World Cup Kit

- Deportivo Zuñiga

lots others but those are the 2 rarest ones I own.

Footballs

- Copa America 2015

what do you think about collecting? Hobby?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm not really a collector type, but I do love my photo gear... Owned a lot of different stuff in the last 15-20 years, some of it is lost due to moving around a lot and is thus scattered around the world, some of it was lost in robbery a few years back.

Cameras:
2 Canon EOS 450D cameras
Canon EOS 5
Canon EOS 50
Canon EOS 100
Sony α100
Kodak Duaflex II

Previously owned Canon EOS 30D, Canon EOS 700, Canon EOS 300, Zenit 3M.

Lenses:
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 28-70 / 3.5-4.5 II
Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro
Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO Tele Macro HSM
Sigma AF 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro

Flash Units:
Canon Speedlite 540EZ
Canon Speedlite 420EX

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Blue said:

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a collector. On and off sometimes but I am one nevertheless.

I like to collect old video games, football kits and footballs. Some of the things I own:

what do you think about collecting? Hobby?

I never give away any of my old games so I have quite a large collection of shit stuff  that I have now owned for almost an eternity. Here is a short list of what I can remember

ORIGINAL FAMICOM

1. Battletoads
  2. Mario Bros
  3. Duck Hunt (Lost the gun when my parents moved countries)
  4. Castlevania
  5. Contra

SNES

1. SF2: Championship Edition
  2. Contra: Alien Wars
  3. Super Castlevania
  4. F-Zero
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Mortal Kombat
  7. Megman X

SEGA MEGADRIVE

1. Mortal Kombat 3
  2. Fatal Fury
  3. FIFA 95
  4. Mortal Kombat 2 (The best)
  5. Samurai Showdown
  6. Robocop vs Terminator
  7. X-Men 2 Clonewars

ATARI 2600

1. Dig Dug (Digger)
  2. River Raid
  3. Space Invaders

N64

1. Loz - Ocarina of Time
  2. Golden Eye
  3. Perfect Dark
  4. Killer Instinct 2

GAMECUBE

1. LoZ - Windwaker
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. RE4
  4. F-Zero
  5. SSX

ORIGINAL GAMEBOY (Green/Black)

1. Tetris
  2. Super Mario Land
  3. Castlevania
  4. Dr Mario
  5. A batman game I can't  remember the name of but it was good
  6. Super Contra

I've got some other consoles too but I can't seem to remember most of what I had. Sometimes I'd lend a friend a cartridge or a game and then woosh it never came back or got loaned out to someone else. Fun days and my mom was nice enough to bring them all back home when they moved. I sometimes wonder if I should plug them in eventually but I don't think I ever will.

Not so much collecting these days as have collected over the years.. 

Records mostly, stuff ranging from the 70's right through to cant remember when.. got about 2000 in total of Singles, Albums, 10+12 Inch, and various cassettes... 

Got some old Comics up in the loft from my early youth as well, might have a sort through one day or maybe just leave all that to the kids when I am gone... 

I collect the Crystal Palace powerpods much to the frustration and embarrassment to my girlfriend. I was robbed of the opportunity of having them when I was younger because we were shite and they'll stop making them again soon once they realise were shite again. Plus its a cheap easy present for estranged family members to buy me for Christmas instead of fucking chocolate.

• Administrator

match-day programmes dating back to mid-90s. 

Mainly starting from when my dad used to buy them and they were more prevalent those days before social media exploded. It was pretty much the only way you could get info on the club and the ongoings inside it without actually knowing anyone in the club. 

There used to be kids games in there (where's the ball, crosswords, guess the player etc) - not sure if it's still in the current ones though. Must have nearly 1000 programmes? The Cup Final ones are probably more valuable than your standard league games. 

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm tempted to roll back the years and fill up the World Cup sticker book this time around for the sake of nostalgia. I remember collecting Shoot Out cards in what must have been about 2006. Good times.

This was actually something I considered doing a while back. Decided against it but it's something I may consider in the future.

I don't collect anything but my GF loves to collect penny presses of all the places we go to. I don't know why, she just does the loon.

The sad thing now is whenever I am away without her somewhere I'm keeping my eyes out for a penny press machine.

How has this happened? So so sad...

On 11/12/2017 at 10:03 AM, Mel81x said:

I never give away any of my old games so I have quite a large collection of shit stuff  that I have now owned for almost an eternity. Here is a short list of what I can remember

ORIGINAL FAMICOM

1. Battletoads
  2. Mario Bros
  3. Duck Hunt (Lost the gun when my parents moved countries)
  4. Castlevania
  5. Contra

SNES

1. SF2: Championship Edition
  2. Contra: Alien Wars
  3. Super Castlevania
  4. F-Zero
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Mortal Kombat
  7. Megman X

SEGA MEGADRIVE

1. Mortal Kombat 3
  2. Fatal Fury
  3. FIFA 95
  4. Mortal Kombat 2 (The best)
  5. Samurai Showdown
  6. Robocop vs Terminator
  7. X-Men 2 Clonewars

ATARI 2600

1. Dig Dug (Digger)
  2. River Raid
  3. Space Invaders

N64

1. Loz - Ocarina of Time
  2. Golden Eye
  3. Perfect Dark
  4. Killer Instinct 2

GAMECUBE

1. LoZ - Windwaker
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. RE4
  4. F-Zero
  5. SSX

ORIGINAL GAMEBOY (Green/Black)

1. Tetris
  2. Super Mario Land
  3. Castlevania
  4. Dr Mario
  5. A batman game I can't  remember the name of but it was good
  6. Super Contra

I've got some other consoles too but I can't seem to remember most of what I had. Sometimes I'd lend a friend a cartridge or a game and then woosh it never came back or got loaned out to someone else. Fun days and my mom was nice enough to bring them all back home when they moved. I sometimes wonder if I should plug them in eventually but I don't think I ever will.

How old are you? Given you have Atari games!

• 1 year later...

For those that enjoy collecting.

I already have a thread for my own kit collection, but I also collect retro video games and consoles. Here are a few...

Sega Genesis (own console)

Paperboy 

Toy Story

Playstation 1 (don't own console)

Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase

Lilo and Stitch

Fifa 2000 (no idea where it is though)

As you can tell I'm just starting xD

• Administrator

Pretty much every Merlin or Panini sticker book from mid/late 90s through to the early 00s stocked away somewhere.

I used to collect posters from Kerrang! magazine xD. Chucked them all away though when having a big clear out.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

For those that enjoy collecting.

I already have a thread for my own kit collection, but I also collect retro video games and consoles. Here are a few...

Sega Genesis (own console)

Paperboy 

Toy Story

Playstation 1 (don't own console)

Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase

Lilo and Stitch

Fifa 2000 (no idea where it is though)

As you can tell I'm just starting xD

You should try and get some of the retro machines like a classic Gameboy if you have the fascination. I heard there were reworks in the wild and they aren't that expensive.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Used to collect comics when i was younger, but sold them all after i found the life of cocaine and hoes and it needed financing. 

And they say comics are worthless ... pfft Amateurs.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

The first ever appearance of Superman on the front cover of Action Comic no1 issued in 1938 sold for 3.2Mill

I suppose its all about the timing of it all. Joel Schuster never imagined, nor could he have, about the popularity of that comic and neither could anyone else. I now wait for the madness to ensue when people start hunting for Avengers issues. I have a #3 issue from way back in the day i think the 60s and a lot of other oddities that I have collected over the years by visiting comic book shops and just reading through them. Would I sell them? Not a chance. Too much sentimental value attached to let them go. The art is terrible haha but for back then they were fantastic. 

Its also a bit sad, but makes sense, about how all these comic publications like Marvel, DC, Image, etc are reprinting these issues with upgraded visuals to just tie into the movies/shows and their releases. Infinity Gauntlet is a great arc to read but would it fetch as much as a #1 Spiderman or a #1 Batman or as you mentioned a #1 Superman in AC? Definitely not. 

Archived