talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 14th November - England vs Brazil

football forum

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

It reminded me of when we played Chelsea last year and had Vardy and Musa up front. It's two forwards who are best on the shoulder, without a jot of creativity from midfield. Throw two of Sterling, Alli and Winks in for Lingard and Livermore, and Kane for one of the strikers and you've got a different game.

A change in those attacking players would also change the entire dynamic of defending. Can take next to nothing from today about defending capability, but no doubt we will hear about how great we were to stop Neymar.

Let's see how great we are defending when we can hold the ball up the other end of the pitch long enough for the rest of the team to move up field.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair it makes no odds how each player did. We all know by the time Russia comes around it will be Cahill, Smalling & Jones xD

Cahill shouldn't be near that side but we all know he will be. Go with that exact back three.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Didn't watch the match but I am pleased reading reports of Joe Gomez getting MOTM. Was he really good or was this just another case of media over blowing a performance.

As a Lfc fan,  I do believe that he should start ahead of Lovren,  who Klopp strangely continues to back. 

Nah he was decent and gave a good account of himself, no media blowup here, considering who he was up against. 

The more I watch ITV coverage of England the more I see why we got rid of Hoddle as English boss.  His comments are totally crass and choices as MOTM  almost barmy!  Admittedly the last two games have been akin to watching paint dry, but why he would believe that without the injured players we have alternatives is beyond understanding.  Most of last night's players seem unable to even pass a ball - never mind pass it accurately.  The Brazilians were above 6 on average of number of passes accurately in each session whilst we hardly made it up to 2 (check the stats!)  the visiting forwards were determined not to get injured so the pressure on the defence was weak and on Joe Hart very little - in a real game we would have been 'bottomed' to put it nicely!  Vardy was nowhere, Rashford was inept so no goals but then they will not normally be selected (one hopes). The only function of friendlies these days seems to be to give younger players a cap - no chance of getting one in the real world! The kids coming up have shown more spirit this year than most of the seniors so the future might be brighter, but chances in Russia?:censored:

5 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Didn't watch the match but I am pleased reading reports of Joe Gomez getting MOTM. Was he really good or was this just another case of media over blowing a performance.

As a Lfc fan,  I do believe that he should start ahead of Lovren,  who Klopp strangely continues to back. 

Him and Walker kept Neymar quite. 

Neymar forgot what it's like to play against actual defenders. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived