talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Staff update and ideas for 2018

football forum

• Administrator

It's like all your Christmases come at once ... or maybe not.

So I'm happy to be able to be able to say we had a little vote and I, much to my own and undoubted your surprise, that I'm the new admin here. What does that mean? Well from my time on other forums I'd like to bring some additional ideas to the table. 

So you may start to notice little changes around here, nothing ground breaking but little things that I'd like feedback on if you have an opinion on them. Additionally,  I'd like to hear what things you'd like to see in 2018. I can't promise shorter posts from @SirBalon or @Happy Blue not being lynched day one in the next Mafia Wars games but I'll certainly hear out suggestions.

Speaking of Mafia Wars, this will continue to be a thing. I can't guarantee shorter delays however @Berserker, @Anton & @Harry  

Cheers!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just for info, there will be a World Cup Prediction League run by yours truly :) 

For those of you in the Premier League one, any suggestions on how it can be run (Bonus games, bonus questions etc).

For those not in a prediction league and would want to be in one, what would you like to see in them?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Putting a posting requirement on Storts

afootballforum is dead mate. 

Don't really post there either - make more posts here, just don't really have the same time I used to 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Just for info, there will be a World Cup Prediction League run by yours truly :) 

For those of you in the Premier League one, any suggestions on how it can be run (Bonus games, bonus questions etc).

For those not in a prediction league and would want to be in one, what would you like to see in them?

Starting to think the prediction league going forward could be scored in the same vain as Soccer Saturday so that correct bang on scores are rewarded much greater than just the right result.

For example, if you predict a 1-0 and it ended 3-2 and you only get one more point for a correct bang on score. 5pts bang on score, 2pts for a correct result. 

Regarding bonuses, I wouldn't over complicate it for the World Cup mate, the main thing you gain points for is predicting the games. But I'd perhaps suggest you could let everyone predict the World Cup Winner and Golden Boot winner which can net additional bonus points. Just a thought though because I think the main reason it currently works so well is down to it's simplicity.

Congrats to @Batard by the way. Good show fella.

P.S I hope you haven't got a bad back from all that bending down under the desk...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived