• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Staff update and ideas for 2018

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, True Blue said:

Think the forum is filled with quality members, but most of the regular posters are from TFF. Haven't noticed a new member that posts on a regular basis.

I think the Norwich and Bristol City fans that have recently joined seem good additions. Certainly strengthens our section. Nice to have new sides represented too.

@BounceAroundTheGround  @Marc

19 hours ago, Rab said:

This is something I do and monitor every day. Getting on to the front page of Google isn't easy when there is so many other football forums out there that are already on page 1.

Google goes on the basis of a lot of things and one of them is age of your domain. Because we're so new, it'll take us a while before we'll be able to fully benefit from Google. I'm doing as much as I can with the resources that I have so it'll take time.

On the old Forum I used to get on some time back we used to have something that we could click and it linked us to another page where we would click a like button or something similar along those lines for the forum and it gave us a rating and most of the members would do it every other day and it helped keep the forum right near the top of the list. Obviously that was some time ago and things may have moved on a bit in the internet world since then so not sure if thats an avenue we can explore to keep ourselves up near the top or among the fist few searches etc.. 

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

It had like what, 150+ active members pre debacle?, i wouldn't call that small, in fact it was the perfect size for a football forum.

There's are forums whose football league section gets what most of the football stuff on here has alone. Don't get me wrong I like the forum and like the size but it's never been a big forum, not sure it necessarily caters for bigger numbers in terms of how well everyone knows each other 

• Subscriber

Seriously though, I personally always enjoyed the forum for what it is; much prefer lower numbers and more personal interactions as compared to big forums with loads of members and sterile, impersonal discussions.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Seriously though, I personally always enjoyed the forum for what it is; much prefer lower numbers and more personal interactions as compared to big forums with loads of members and sterile, impersonal discussions.

Image result for mick mccarthy gif

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

There's are forums whose football league section gets what most of the football stuff on here has alone. Don't get me wrong I like the forum and like the size but it's never been a big forum, not sure it necessarily caters for bigger numbers in terms of how well everyone knows each other 

I know a forum with 700K members (not all active of course), i know it wasn't a big forum and i never said it was, but it also wasn't small (like Storts' for example) it was the perfect size IMO, anything much bigger and it just wouldn't have the same feel.

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

TFF was always a small forum and this will likely be similar 

TFF never had someone to take it to the next level, we do. We're already somewhat competing with other forums in terms of Google rankings from all the SEO work I'm doing. Our current problem is all the people that visit the forum on a daily basis aren't signing up. Which is something I'm always trying to figure out and fix.

4 hours ago, Rab said:

TFF never had someone to take it to the next level, we do. We're already somewhat competing with other forums in terms of Google rankings from all the SEO work I'm doing. Our current problem is all the people that visit the forum on a daily basis aren't signing up. Which is something I'm always trying to figure out and fix.

The same happened on TFF too, you had 200 guests everyday but none would sign up, and most of the few that did would leave to never come back after a few posts.

Hey guys its Brian, I got on another PC and noticed I can comment without logging in. Wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it, in case it can put a few newcomers off.

Just now, Guest Tippy said:

Hey guys its Brian, I got on another PC and noticed I can comment without logging in. Wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it, in case it can put a few newcomers off.

Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but you might want to check it out. People can abuse the multiple accounts bit easily as well as it doesn't encourage sign ups.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I noticed Brian posted using multiple accounts... I think it's time for the ban hammer....

We both know you don't want me banned ;) 

Besides I'm only doing that to help.

Archived