talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Olympique de Marseille Discussion

football forum

7 hours ago, Batard said:

We absolutely have to sell. Preferably Strootman and Payet given their absurd wages. But Thauvin is the most sellable asset. However, he's prone to home sickness and he's going to be expensive - especially now he's broken into the France squad finally. It's a gamble 

If you are going to buy him, play him on the right or centrally, that's where he does the most damage cutting in on his left. It's his pace that makes him look more than a one trick pony in Ligue 1, but in England the level of defending will be up a notch. Honestly think he's better off sitting tight, it's a comfortable level for him 

What are your plans if you sell Thauvin & Payet? 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Eco said:

What are your plans if you sell Thauvin & Payet? 

I've long accepted the apathy of being a Marseille supporter. So I plan to continue to scowl xD

• Administrator

Watched the highlights (Ha!) ... never before has so little effort been put in by a team. Accrington let themselves down there with only 2 goals, that Marseille performance was pathetic. 

• Administrator

It was never in any doubt. I literally couldn’t give a shit anymore while the current hierarchy stewards the club. What is most worrying is that there is zero motivation from any of the players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Marseille spent all day trying to sign Valentin Rongier after selling Luiz Gustavo to Fenerbahçe, in the last half hour of the window we've gone from "the clubs are finally in agreement" to "it's not happening, not even in the joker window". The Nantes owner wanted a 50% sell on clause.

Rongier's gonna be pissed off. He had his heart set on this move.

Thoughts @Batard ?

Edited by ...Dan

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Marseille spent all day trying to sign Valentin Rongier after selling Luiz Gustavo to Fenerbahçe, in the last half hour of the window we've gone from "the clubs are finally in agreement" to "it's not happening, not even in the joker window". The Nantes owner wanted a 50% sell on clause.

Rongier's gonna be pissed off. He had his heart set on this move.

Thoughts @Batard ?

It's just another example of The Incredible ineptitude of the owners. if they can't get players names right when they're signing them, I'm not remotely surprised that they'reselling players before being certain the replacements are coming in. It's a really poor squad for the season ahead really poor. Too old too slow and no fight

15 hours ago, Batard said:

It's just another example of The Incredible ineptitude of the owners. if they can't get players names right when they're signing them, I'm not remotely surprised that they'reselling players before being certain the replacements are coming in. It's a really poor squad for the season ahead really poor. Too old too slow and no fight

Looks like it is gonna happen after all...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Bad news for Marseille @Batard, who's gonna be sold?

The issue is Primarily some of the insane wages being paid. We could easily move players but it'll likely be the younger ones who we should be keeping. Strootman is a major wage earner and we need those off the books, no point selling players and retaining salaries such as his hanging overhead 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Looks like Zubi and AVB will both leave OM 😬 @Batard

Writing was on the wall after Paul Aldridge was brought in. I'm not really sure how I feel about it at this time. It really depends on the recruitment policy moving forward, plus at times despite doing well, I was never entirely convinced by AVB.