talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Olympique de Marseille Discussion

football forum

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

You called? Get yourself a drink, settled in a comfy seat and I'll begin.

Long story short. We are a joke. 

The Ultras over the years have rightly called out the fucking embarrassing club ownership and its litany of ludicrous management appointments, should have stuck to playing goat noises from the terraces. The hilarious irony is that they're fucked off with the myopic and reactionary state of the club by taking a myopic and reactionary approach. They'll be banned from entering the stadium and have only added to the cloud of shit hanging over the club. Players aren't going to want to be in this environment, nice stadium or not.   

Oh and yes, the players. I get why they Ultras are pissed off. The players have been pathetic. It's been a while since I've seen a team so spectacularly lost on the field of play, trying to navigate AVBs tactics like it's the instruction manual for the Hadron collider. Speaking of whom, AVB and board were behaving like a couple after 30 years of a shit marriage, openly hoping the other would fuck off first because they didn't want to be the one to have to fork out to start divorce proceedings. The whole Ntcham thing is bollocks first off, the majority of the first team squad were sick to death of the ginger muppet. This all started when Lopez left on loan. Which is still an absolute disgrace. Then Payet decided he'd start kicking lumps out of other players when it wasn't going his way and AVB did almost nothing about it. 

So things were fucking ridiculous prior to the last 2 weeks. No set system, constantly fucking about trying to find something the players would rise to. Leaving players on the bench to motivate them that didn't work. The board flogging anyone who they could get at least 10m for to get them and their wages off the books. Radonjic and Sanson, fuck me, the stupidity of it all. Strootman isn't the player he was, I'm not worried about him leaving and getting Milik in, what a coup. But you just know the deal won't be made permanent and if it is, the board only intend to use the club as a shop window for him to make anything from 20/30% profit on.

Which brings me back full circle to the club ownership, because that's the real problem here. A sustainability plan for the club that is short term in thinking that only harms the club in the long run. We are not going to win anything being structured like this. You can't keep ripping chunks out of the squad, you destroy unity and trust. Players coming in aren't seeing Marseille as a 3-5 year project towards success, they're thinking "Nice stadium. Nice weather. Decent contract. If I do well I'll be out of here in 18months" and I blame Frank McCourt.

Fuck off Frank. 

Edited by Batard
  • Upvote 2

On 06/02/2021 at 16:42, Batard said:

You called? Get yourself a drink, settled in a comfy seat and I'll begin.

Long story short. We are a joke. 

The Ultras over the years have rightly called out the fucking embarrassing club ownership and its litany of ludicrous management appointments, should have stuck to playing goat noises from the terraces. The hilarious irony is that they're fucked off with the myopic and reactionary state of the club by taking a myopic and reactionary approach. They'll be banned from entering the stadium and have only added to the cloud of shit hanging over the club. Players aren't going to want to be in this environment, nice stadium or not.   

Oh and yes, the players. I get why they Ultras are pissed off. The players have been pathetic. It's been a while since I've seen a team so spectacularly lost on the field of play, trying to navigate AVBs tactics like it's the instruction manual for the Hadron collider. Speaking of whom, AVB and board were behaving like a couple after 30 years of a shit marriage, openly hoping the other would fuck off first because they didn't want to be the one to have to fork out to start divorce proceedings. The whole Ntcham thing is bollocks first off, the majority of the first team squad were sick to death of the ginger muppet. This all started when Lopez left on loan. Which is still an absolute disgrace. Then Payet decided he'd start kicking lumps out of other players when it wasn't going his way and AVB did almost nothing about it. 

So things were fucking ridiculous prior to the last 2 weeks. No set system, constantly fucking about trying to find something the players would rise to. Leaving players on the bench to motivate them that didn't work. The board flogging anyone who they could get at least 10m for to get them and their wages off the books. Radonjic and Sanson, fuck me, the stupidity of it all. Strootman isn't the player he was, I'm not worried about him leaving and getting Milik in, what a coup. But you just know the deal won't be made permanent and if it is, the board only intend to use the club as a shop window for him to make anything from 20/30% profit on.

Which brings me back full circle to the club ownership, because that's the real problem here. A sustainability plan for the club that is short term in thinking that only harms the club in the long run. We are not going to win anything being structured like this. You can't keep ripping chunks out of the squad, you destroy unity and trust. Players coming in aren't seeing Marseille as a 3-5 year project towards success, they're thinking "Nice stadium. Nice weather. Decent contract. If I do well I'll be out of here in 18months" and I blame Frank McCourt.

Fuck off Frank. 

And welcome to A. S. M. R. with Bataaaaard

• Subscriber

Didn't disappoint. I've never gotten the ins and outs but it's always looked... shall we say interesting to the outsider. The year you actually get a win at PSG too and you end up imploding once again. I wondered a couple of years ago if you would ever do a Monaco and actually flirt with relegation, such is the shambles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Batard said:

He’s going to play alongside Gignac, who has enjoyed his time there. I think he lacks ambition

un big mac pour gignac

what does thauvin get? chicken nugs?