talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Italy National Team Discussion

football forum

20 minutes ago, Batard said:

I’d be more concerned that every club Gattuso has managed has gone bust. And Milan’s Chinese invester seems about as credible as Gattuso’s managerial record. This is the same Gattuso that got turned down for Hamilton Accies xD

I’d be curious to see if Conte returns if he leaves at the end of this season. Which I actually think is more than likely. 

No way he manages another Italian club other than Juve

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No way he manages another Italian club other than Juve

I meant Conte manage Italy mate. I’d be shocked if he went to anyone but Juve too.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Italy National Team Discussion
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

These things can happen and there's also the European Championhips which is also international football in between and in that time Italy have reached a final and done ok in the others.

but still, World Cup though. A nation as big and respected in the national game as Italy to not reach a knockout stage of the tournament in over a decade is surprising enough. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

but still, World Cup though. A nation as big and respected in the national game as Italy to not reach a knockout stage of the tournament in over a decade is surprising enough. 

It is kind of surprising considering how competitive they've always been even when they've gone through thinner generations of quality footballers throughout the decades. 

But in truth they've needed restructuring as Spain, Germany and England have done and have been living in denial over it and pining for their national identity in football... Once again the dissent by those that want change has been muted.

• 2 years later...

Archived