• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anti-World Cup 2018

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Netherlands have pulled out, now Morocco have qualified alot of Dutch players now are trying to get Moroccan passports. 

Hilarious idea from the Americans. If I was Chilean, Italian or Dutch I'd be insulted to be invited to such a thing.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Wales are free but they unfortunately they can't make it because the whole squad's down the pub watching our games on the big screen.

What a laugh when the video of them celebrating us going out got brought up again. Any sympathy I had with them gone in an instant.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Dan said:

What a laugh when the video of them celebrating us going out got brought up again. Any sympathy I had with them gone in an instant.

To be fair. Scotland do that too. It’s smalltime.  But then it comes down to that long historical dislike for England, standard tribalism. 

When Andy Murray said he would be supporting Paraguay again England in 2006 I howled. I notice that most English fans actually support the home nations too. 

I for one will be hoping all the former French colonies do well at the World Cup. I wouldn’t expect the same back though.

25 minutes ago, Batard said:

To be fair. Scotland do that too. It’s smalltime.  But then it comes down to that long historical dislike for England, standard tribalism. 

When Andy Murray said he would be supporting Paraguay again England in 2006 I howled. I notice that most English fans actually support the home nations too. 

I for one will be hoping all the former French colonies do well at the World Cup. I wouldn’t expect the same back though.

Can't make jokes without a whole country being offended it seems.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Can't make jokes without a whole country being offended it seems.

Not really a joke though from what I’ve seen. It’s underdog punching upwards, QPR hate Chelsea, who don’t give a fuck. Brentford hate QPR who equally don’t give a fuck. It’s part of the game. When it comes to countries, seems odd to me. But there you go. 

On 19/11/2017 at 0:38 AM, Batard said:

Not really a joke though from what I’ve seen. It’s underdog punching upwards, QPR hate Chelsea, who don’t give a fuck. Brentford hate QPR who equally don’t give a fuck. It’s part of the game. When it comes to countries, seems odd to me. But there you go. 

Chelsea didn't nearly buy QPR out of existence though, less under dog and more deep hatred amongst a lot of older fans.

Probably more apt with Fulham

Archived