talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino On PSG Shortlist

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's also on the Barça shortlist although he isn't the main guy the board want.

The two main names I heard are on the PSG shortlist last night are indeed Pochettino and the present Barça coach Luis Enrique (although Luis Enrique vowed he is taking time off).

If PSG want to get rid of Unai Emery because of their insane 2nd leg collapse against Barcelona I'm not sure if Pochettino is the man to make them any more competitive in Europe. Tottenham went out of a Champions' League in a group they were supposed to cruise through and then were knocked out of Europe again by Genk in the Europa League. He's improved Tottenham massively in the league but in Europe they really got nowhere.

• 2 months later...

The fact that Arsene Wenger seems to have no intention of retiring anytime soon, even after he does leave Arsenal, makes me feel like he could end up coaching PSG.....and what if he wins the Champions League with them? xD

On 3/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

He did play for them, but doubt he'd go to them. Real Madrid or Barcelona more likely.

He also gave over a decade of his life to Espanyol.  That would influence any Barcelona decision.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

He also gave over a decade of his life to Espanyol.  That would influence any Barcelona decision.

Yeah, he would never coach Barcelona due to his Espanyol ties, that's out of the question

22 hours ago, Messiesta said:

The fact that Arsene Wenger seems to have no intention of retiring anytime soon, even after he does leave Arsenal, makes me feel like he could end up coaching PSG.....and what if he wins the Champions League with them? xD

Can't imagine him going to PSG, completely against his values in football.

Archived