Las Palmas vs Levante, 17.30
Athletic Bilbao vs Villarreal, 19.45

Monday 20th November, 2017
Eibar vs Real Betis, 20.00

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Atletico win and the title race is already over in November. 

Gotta love Real in never being able to defend a league title 

If Atleti beat Real this weekend then they've got a chance, a better chance than Real Madrid I'd say.  The problem is scoring goals for Atlético Madrid at the moment which seems to be the same issue Real are gong through.

Alaves look woeful here, especially at the back, and just look bereft of anything creative. Getafe on the other hand look dangerous when they attack and are comfortable here. Big win this for Getafe, I was just about to type that Alaves had absolutely no chance of a comeback but Getafe have just scored a fourth with a great turn and finish.

On 15/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Cicero said:

Atletico win and the title race is already over in November. 

Gotta love Real in never being able to defend a league title 

Sound a bit like Chelsea :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

On a serious note. If Atletico win, then that could really give them a boost and they themselves could end up being the strongest likely challenger.

I think Valencia can continue putting up a fight for a while as well. We shouldn't underestimate them as they don't have to play as many games as the rest.

I have to give credit to Leganes for giving it their all as they've had a few chances of their own and defending quite well against Barcelona. They are only down because of a silly (and unlucky) error from the keeper. 

However, Barcelona have been seriously poor today. I don't see a dynamic while attacking and are struggling to break down the opposing side, where as they are opening up too much at the back.

It must be said but Paulinho has been completely reinvented by Tite just like he created him back when they were together at Corinthians. He looks a totally different player to what he did at Spurs and now looks like what he should have been and not what he was. 

This is all Tite's doing. He gave him confidence, got him back to playing back to his old role and now looks like the player he used to be when he was still playing in Brazil.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

So good to hear that Luis has got a second. This is the first match in a long-time that I've unfortunately missed but I'll catch up with some highlights on YouTube. Luis has been the missing link all season really, the rest of the team have been perfect but he's been way below par. If this is the catalyst then I'm over the moon. 

Just got to hope that Atleti make it an even better day by mullering Real tonight!

He was still a bit invisible and the first goal he was handed a gift. He got in the right position for the second though and they count. Its a good start to try and recapture your form.

Leganes should have gotten 1 so far. Ter Stegen has done well and they've also missed some good chance. I suppose Barcelona won't take this defensive risk against better opposition.

Only two clubs in the history of La Liga have managed to overturn an 8 point deficit after the 12th week which were Barcelona and Valencia.

If Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid draw tonight, that will mean a 10 point deficit and no club has ever achieved this after week 12.

Sheer lack of quality in this game compared to recent years, even if the games were tight in the past they were always worth watching because of the quality on show and you always saw players playing at a very high level. It’s perhaps always been their achillies heel but watching this Atlético side try to create something these days is very painful viewing, a lot relies on Carrasco who can be either very good or very frustrating. Likewise, Real in that system are very one dimensional and very reliant on Isco and their full backs, with two trees up front in Benzema and Ronaldo.

You could perhaps say the same for both teams this time last season but this time round it’s harder to see them both coming out well at the end. Simeone will stick to his beliefs, Costa and Vitolo will be a massive boost but I don’t think it’s going to be enough for them. While Zidane and Madrid are more likely to turn things around come the end of the season as Zidane has  more resources at his disposal and more flexibility in terms of system and style, he’s not as clearly rooted as Simeone is. However, they both need change and new impetus for me, Zidane more likely to implement that I guess.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived