talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Kitchen Sales

football forum

What's your stance on abortion?

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Do you think your country is better or worse off when compared to 15 years ago?

Would you go to mars if it were possible (and cheap) for us to colonize it in our lifetime?

Would you like it if TFF had 1000 active members each day or do you it better the way it is?

What currently consumes too much of your time?

Will Newcastle United win the Premier League in your lifetime?

What do you think of veganism?

Are you religious or spiritual at all?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Machado said:

What's your stance on abortion?

I have no religious position so pass my faith to science where the general consensus seems to be that up to 24 weeks is acceptable. I have no real interest in analysing the scientific evidence, I just place my trust in the consensus of those who do.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Probably not. That is just my general predisposition on all conspiracies though, I have never found 9/11 interesting, I never cared for the videos, the documentaries etc. If you believe 9/11 was an inside job you are more likely to also believe that JFK was assassinated by the CIA and that Princess Diana was murdered by orders of the Royal family. None of these are even remotely linked so they shouldn't predict one another, but they do, just as my inclination of "probably not" is predictable. A conspiracy theory cannot be proven, so it is very rare for someone to be basing their belief for or against on sound reasoning, it's more about how much you trust others. 

Do you think your country is better or worse off when compared to 15 years ago?

Obviously in some areas it is better and others worse, but if I had to quantify it all then it would be leaning significantly towards worse off because of the banking crisis, its effects and the response to it by the government and Bank of England. 

Would you go to mars if it were possible (and cheap) for us to colonize it in our lifetime?

Yes, but only if I could go back and forth, I would not leave Earth behind for good.

Would you like it if TFF had 1000 active members each day or do you it better the way it is?

Nope, I've tried big forums before, two things stand out to me, the first is it is hard to build friendships because you don't have repeated interactions with the same people. The second is it becomes a much more hostile and aggressive place towards opinions and joke wuming, probably because of the first point. 

What currently consumes too much of your time?

A mix of this place and championship manager 1997/98 at the minute

Will Newcastle United win the Premier League in your lifetime?

Not unless the rumour is true that the Qatari's behind the ongoing takeover want to copy the PSG model

What do you think of veganism?

I'm actually a vegetarian but not a card carrying militant one. Most days the only animal products I consume are egg whites and kefir. Veganism seems to be attracting this generations militants instead of vegetarianism which is great for vegetarians because it means less of an antagonised frightened low self esteem response from meat eaters.

Are you religious or spiritual at all?

Not even in the slightest bit, i'm just meh towards it, it doesn't move me. I was raised a Catholic and have enormous respect for those who still hold a connection to the spiritual element of Christianity. The nicest most decent people I have come across have a connection to the church and on average they are better people in day to day life. I believe that has been caused because much like with the militant shift from vegetarianism to veganism, a lot of the people who have the psychological make up of militancy have started turning out as atheists rather than militant Christians. Don't get me wrong there are still militant Christians, but the numbers are down because the arseholes are atheists now, if someone has to be militant then better that than militant for a backward church teaching.

• The topic was locked

Archived