talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What does your team need in January?

• Administrator

With the transfer window fast approaching, the circus will be back in town with Jim White donning a yellow tie and excited about the levels of greed in the Premier League. With that in mind, what does your team desperately need this January? 

How do you realistically rate your chances of improving areas of your team? 

Is your manager the right fit for the players you want?

Is your manager likely to buy shit you don't need?

With that in mind is ...

... Virgil van Dijk, finally Liverpool bound or getting relegated with the Saints?

Image result for virgil van dijk

... could Patrick van Aanholt, be unlikely option for Guardiola?

Image result for van aanholt

... Is Maroune Fellaini going to sign a new contract at United, he's resisted so far

Image result for marouane fellaini premier league

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'd say we need another central midfielder.

Someone like Adrien Silva.

:D  

If Adrien Silva had been Andres Iniesta, the Premier League wouldn't have given a fuck whether it had been 14 minutes let alone 14 seconds late. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

A CB and I think we are good till the summer. Won’t happen though, Klopp rarely buys in January. 

Surely not buying a centre back in January is a colossal mistake though?

• Subscriber

I think Puel wants to play with more attacking full backs and it will see us buy a new right back as Simpson quite frankly isn't capable of it. A solid defender he is, a good supporting full back he is not. I could see us going after Ricardo Pereira - Portuguese right back playing for Porto who he had on loan at Nice two years ago.

Speaking of his Nice side, we've been strongly linked with Ben Arfa on loan. It's a risky move but Puel's the one manager in recent years who has gotten anything out of him. I'd have him in a heartbeat if he can get anything like that from him again.

I think this season ultimately though is going to be about gradually changing how we play. An outside push for the top 7 maybe but probably midtable and we go from there. I'd be amazed if we were relegated.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Keeper and a centre back are a must. Preferably a midfielder too. Doubt we'll make any signings in January though. Club will spin the 'January isn't a good time to buy' line.

January isn’t a good time to buy though. Nobody wants to let their best players go half way through a season. 

It’s now becoming embarrassing that some of our own fans, after 2 years of being told, and after witnessing our style under Klopp, are still hoping for a DM to be signed. 

KLOPP DOESNT PLAY WITH ONE! HE DOESNT USE A DM! HES ACTUALLY SAID IT HIMSELF! 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s now becoming embarrassing that some of our own fans, after 2 years of being told, and after witnessing our style under Klopp, are still hoping for a DM to be signed. 

KLOPP DOESNT PLAY WITH ONE! HE DOESNT USE A DM! HES ACTUALLY SAID IT HIMSELF! 

It explains all those goals conceded away from home. 

Archived