talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What does your team need in January?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s now becoming embarrassing that some of our own fans, after 2 years of being told, and after witnessing our style under Klopp, are still hoping for a DM to be signed. 

KLOPP DOESNT PLAY WITH ONE! HE DOESNT USE A DM! HES ACTUALLY SAID IT HIMSELF! 

Are you trying to say that he's never played with one, even before here? Because he has, so it's not unreasonable to think, or hope, that we will eventually sign a proper midfield destroyer.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Left back to replace Baines by the start of next season.

Centre back with some pace to partner Keane.

Defensive/ball playing midfielder to replace Barry if Schneiderlin can't get his shit together.

Attacking midfield including wide players I have no clue because we already have too many players there but none that can consistently deliver.

Striker most of all obviously. 

A bit of this could possibly be solved by fixing Coleman, Bolasie, Funes Mori and Barkley if he ends up staying whilst also recalling Dowell and Onyekuru if they keep impressing.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Batard I genuinely thought the opening post about Van Aanholt going City was a joke. Absolute scenes if we can make a profit on him. Good player when focused but throws his toys out the pram too often.

I thought it was a joke as well when I first heard about it mate. Delph as a midfielder is a better option there, van Aanholt is pretty bad defensively 

• Administrator
Just now, Batard said:

Where would Redmond fit in, unless he’s selling a forward or two?

On the wing. Puel has played Mahrez more centrally at times which then leaves only Albrighton and Gray as our wingers. Something tells me he's not too much a fan of Albrighton as Chilwell has played on the left wing (albeit for only one game) ahead of him. 

Having said that, we need to get rid of Ulloa anyway. Should have been gone on the summer when Iheanacho was signed. He's like our 5th striker now after Vardy, Okazaki, Iheanacho and Slimani. 

I've said for ages that Ulloa and Musa need selling. The latter made our u23 squad last night xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

On the wing. Puel has played Mahrez more centrally at times which then leaves only Albrighton and Gray as our wingers. Something tells me he's not too much a fan of Albrighton as Chilwell has played on the left wing (albeit for only one game) ahead of him. 

Having said that, we need to get rid of Ulloa anyway. Should have been gone on the summer when Iheanacho was signed. He's like our 5th striker now after Vardy, Okazaki, Iheanacho and Slimani. 

I've said for ages that Ulloa and Musa need selling. The latter made our u23 squad last night xD

He played Redmond centrally in a diamond at Saints but I make you right: shoe in for Albrighton. He’s not as quick as he was and Redmond is the better finisher and potential to be so much more. I would say Albrightons delivery is better though. 

Speaking of Musa, I completely forgot he was there! Talk about bombed. Surprised he hasn’t orchestrated a move away yet! 

• Administrator

Albrighton's crossing is superb. But we don't play to his strengths in that crossing in to Vardy and Okazaki against tall centre backs isn't too effective! 

Musa nearly got a move to Hull. Sadly didn't go through. 

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Left back to replace Baines by the start of next season.

Centre back with some pace to partner Keane.

Defensive/ball playing midfielder to replace Barry if Schneiderlin can't get his shit together.

Attacking midfield including wide players I have no clue because we already have too many players there but none that can consistently deliver.

Striker most of all obviously. 

A bit of this could possibly be solved by fixing Coleman, Bolasie, Funes Mori and Barkley if he ends up staying whilst also recalling Dowell and Onyekuru if they keep impressing.

So basically a new team? :ph34r::ph34r:

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Batard said:

I thought it was a joke as well when I first heard about it mate. Delph as a midfielder is a better option there, van Aanholt is pretty bad defensively 

Delph was one of their best players on Saturday. I thought having Mahrez up against him was the one area that we might be able to get at them and Mahrez didn't have a sniff. Delph was excellent.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Delph was one of their best players on Saturday. I thought having Mahrez up against him was the one area that we might be able to get at them and Mahrez didn't have a sniff. Delph was excellent.

He’s looked very accomplished there for a midfielder. What Danilo must be thinking, he moved to get more football in time for the World Cup xD

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Stan said:

I do think Albrighton's had a poor year. Don't think he's a particularly high quality player but generally a solid 6/7 out of 10 a game player, bit of a Milner. He isn't producing enough this season though and Puel's been vindicated in his decision to play Gray over him already.

Absolutely no idea how Ulloa got a new deal. The bloke's finished at this level.

Musa's been a laughable signing. He's awful.

• Subscriber

Musa, Ulloa and Benalouane all leaving in January supposedly. Agree on all three. Musa has been a shocking signing, Ulloa's given us a fair bit but is well past it, Benalouane is a bomb scare. God knows what we'll get for all three.

We're apparently in for Jack Harrison of New York City for £6mil.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Musa, Ulloa and Benalouane all leaving in January supposedly. Agree on all three. Musa has been a shocking signing, Ulloa's given us a fair bit but is well past it, Benalouane is a bomb scare. God knows what we'll get for all three.

We're apparently in for Jack Harrison of New York City for £6mil.

I wouldn't be against us signing Ulloa if the price is reasonable given he will have no sell on value for his next club and that he's in a similar mould to that of Benteke and Wickham.

Musa is another too if it was the summer as due to his raw pace i reckon we could nurture him over time in to a good player when you factor in our team strengths but given we've got thirty days I think a new striker and a new goalkeeper have to take precedence.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wouldn't be against us signing Ulloa if the price is reasonable given he will have no sell on value for his next club and that he's in a similar mould to that of Benteke and Wickham.

Musa is another too if it was the summer as due to his raw pace i reckon we could nurture him over time in to a good player when you factor in our team strengths but given we've got thirty days I think a new striker and a new goalkeeper have to take precedence.

I did think if any club in the league went for Ulloa it'd be you - given your desperation for strikers I could see it happening, I reckon you'd give us £5mil and I'd be happy with that. God knows why we gave him a new deal in the summer.

Musa's shown the odd glimpse of quality but it's like a couple of stars in a pitch black sky. His all-round game is appalling and I can't tell if that's just what he's about or if he's got a serious confidence issue. Again, baffling how he stayed here in the summer when it was set up for him to re-unite with Slutsky on loan at Hull.

We have history with trying to sign Ulloa. I think we've enquired or made efforts to sign him twice at Brighton and once with yourselves. That's a similar approach we've taken with quite a lot of our signings in recent years (Mutch, Wickham, McCarthy and Puncheon immediatly spring to mind) so our scouts do like him. I think five million is more than reasonable in todays market.

Archived