talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

O'Neill In Talks With Norwich

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skeptical if this is the right decision to be honest. I don't think Alex Neil had lost the players and he's shown in the last two seasons he has the ability to get a team out of this division. He's still a very young Manager that's learning. I hope he is succesful elsewhere in a country that shows more patience to there Managers.

They're ironically replacing him with somebody who has a much longer track record of being really good for a period of time and then being absolutely shocking for a much longer period of time. Alan Pardew is a Manager who has shown at multiple clubs he does not have a second plan and often relies on team spirit to save his skin. The fact he has not learned his lesson at multiple clubs now makes me think he's not going to change. 

I'm quite surprised they've taken to him. His last spell in The Championship ended up taking Charlton Athletic from the club with the biggest budget in the divison able to attract any player of Championship quality, to bottom and eventually relegated in about six months. He couldn't get the best out of some fantastic talents at that level like Scott Sinclair, Madjid Bougherra and Darren Ambrose. Then he also signed some real dross like Luke Varney and Izale MacLeod. I know that was a long time ago, but is there anything to suggest that he will be different this time round? The awnser is no.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Expected to be confirmed in the next 48 hours. They're just finalising which wives he can and cannot touch.

and promotional dance moves

Alright I'm Scottish so maybe my opinion counts for less in this instance but he's a young manager and after two pretty good seasons with Norwich, as well as the absolute wonders he worked with Hamilton, I think its a bit OTT to write him off completely. 

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Alright I'm Scottish so maybe my opinion counts for less in this instance but he's a young manager and after two pretty good seasons with Norwich, as well as the absolute wonders he worked with Hamilton, I think its a bit OTT to write him off completely. 

Lol no that's not what I meant, you being Scottish is irrelevant. If you knew weirdworld you'd know that what I meant wasn't to put Scottish people down, just his view on life and Alex Neil.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Lol no that's not what I meant, you being Scottish is irrelevant. If you knew weirdworld you'd know that what I meant wasn't to put Scottish people down, just his view on life and Alex Neil.

Nah no worries I didnt take it that way at all, I just meant maybe I might be more inclined to back Neil's ability.

I'm not quite such whether this decision will benefit us or not...only time will tell! I know they haven't had a great season, but he is a good young manager and I think with a few additions to the squad in the summer particularly upfront they can challenge under him for promotion next season. 

Just now, Inverted said:

Nah no worries I didnt take it that way at all, I just meant maybe I might be more inclined to back Neil's ability.

Fair do's. I think you are right about Neil though so I don't think there is any bias. Neil will walk into a big championship job with ease. Norwich didn't seen to be able to defend for shit, if they could they'd be right up there as they've got one of the better attacks in the league. Sometimes when you are stuck with the same defenders who've been struggling for 2 seasons there's little you can do. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The SFA should have sacked Stracham the moment Scotland failed to qualify for a tournament it was impossible to not qualify for.

Under his leadership you're going nowhere.

Yup, but these are the cunts that hired Malky Mackay as Performance Director. What can one expect?

• The title was changed to Norwich Sack Alex Neil - Hodgson Considering
5 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

To go from the England job to The Championship is an amazing fall from grace. Ill be careful what I say as given our recruitment policy of old school England Managers he will probably be our next Manager.

So is going from England manager to manager of Crystal Palace. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived