• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ad0025d87f480e9ddd8ed52041d281ba.png

Gonzalo Higuain misses debut penalty as Inter Miami lose to Philadelphia Union

_114666103_higuain2.png

Gonzalo Higuain missed a penalty on his Inter Miami debut as David Beckham's side lost 3-0 to Philadelphia Union.

The 32-year-old, who joined Miami earlier this month after his Juventus contract was mutually terminated, sent his 77th-minute spot-kick over the bar.

The Argentine then reacted angrily as Philadelphia defender Jakob Glesnes appeared to celebrate right in front of him, leading to a confrontation.

Miami head coach Diego Alonso said the club were "happy with his work".

"I think that he showed he was in good condition," Alonso added.

"Logically, he was going to need more games and with those games, he's going to prove more comfortable, he's going to feel better. He was very eager to play.

"The penalty is a situation that could happen to any player - it could have been him, it could have been another player. We're happy with his work and the work of the team and we need to continue to aim to perform better and minimise mistakes."

Anthony Fontana had opened the scoring for Philadelphia in the first half before second-half goals from Ilsinho and Brenden Aaronson wrapped up the win.

Inter Miami are currently 13th in the MLS' Eastern Conference, level on points with bottom club DC United. Philadelphia are second, two points behind Columbus Crew.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322014

• 3 months later...

Literally only getting the job because he’s mates with the owner. As a player, seeing Phil Neville walk into the training ground as manager of the team will be demoralising. He has zero personality.

Don’t see the issue really. Are Inter Miami some kind of massively established club I’m not aware of? Were they meant to sign some big name manager? Does Phil Neville not have the right coaching qualifications? @Rick don’t let the Klopp factor fool you. It’s rare to get a manager that’s good and has personality. Plenty of ‘personality’ managers out there are fucking awful. At the end of the day, he’s an established ex-international player who’s managed a top international woman’s side, with the right contacts entering a new club. 

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Don’t see the issue really. Are Inter Miami some kind of massively established club I’m not aware of? Were they meant to sign some big name manager? Does Phil Neville not have the right coaching qualifications? @Rick don’t let the Klopp factor fool you. It’s rare to get a manager that’s good and has personality. Plenty of ‘personality’ managers out there are fucking awful. At the end of the day, he’s an established ex-international player who’s managed a top international woman’s side, with the right contacts entering a new club. 

Oooooh Phil Neville friend

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m just saying that a personality like Phil Neville would not inspire me. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m just saying that a personality like Phil Neville would not inspire me. 

You’re thinking he’s managing mega star worries though. It’s a brand new franchise in the MLS. He’s a bigger name than the whole of that club combined, including Higuain :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’re thinking he’s managing mega star worries though. It’s a brand new franchise in the MLS. He’s a bigger name than the whole of that club combined, including Higuain :ph34r:

Actually both of their surnames have 7 letters so theyre equal 

• 1 month later...

Archived