talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Numbnuts of Planet Earth

football forum

You had Humans of New York/London/wherever, now you've got Numbnuts of Planet Earth.

Similar to TFF's Generic Facebook Waffle, but people doing stupid shit instead of saying it.

Yesterday I went to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, it's a shrine to the Victorian men and women who lost their lives during  The Great War and all wars since, largely dedicated to WW2 also. It's a large square building with large steps leading up to it, the outside of the building looks to be surrounded by columns and great hand craft sculptures capturing the First World War. A tranquil place for reflection and to pay your respects.

Not however a place for tourists to pull the "jump in the air with your arms waving whilst pulling a big cheesy grin" picture pose whilst surrounded largely by elderly people who'd of been affected by the war a lot more than any of us. Muppets.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Anyone on I'm A Celebrity. 

They're not actually celebrities and a few of them are even just relatives of someone well known. 

Really don't get the point of the programme. 

Humans psychosis with striving to be the protagonist is as old as humanity itself and has manifested its narcissistic self throughout history...  Things just "evolve" (did the word "evolve" really belong there?) and change in the way protagonism is expressed.  With the advent of internet and the generations that have been born into its fervent domination of human lives, we now have a portal that generations of old would never have believed possible in terms of being able to be self-ostentatious on a world platform via a small hand held electronic device, they'd have thought you was mad.

It's the loss of respect that has come with this and which has spread like the plague which is rather worrying.

• Administrator

Evolve is definitely the right word. Humans will always evolve but it seems they're doing it at a speedier rate thanks to technology and its advancements. It's quite scary how a 2/3 year old will be handy with a smart phone these days! I think I remember being lucky to be given a phone at 13 years old let alone know how to use the bastard when I was that young xD

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Evolve is definitely the right word. Humans will always evolve but it seems they're doing it at a speedier rate thanks to technology and its advancements. It's quite scary how a 2/3 year old will be handy with a smart phone these days! I think I remember being lucky to be given a phone at 13 years old let alone know how to use the bastard when I was that young xD

The reason I wasn't sure that "evolve" belongs there is because in its general form, "evolve" is a positive whereas the afflictions connected to all of this aren't exactly that.  But indeed, evolving doesn't always and hasn't always had positive connotations or better said, results associated with its inevitability.

I remember when I didn't have a phone, I remember when MSN was as good as a phone and even that was groundbreaking.

I remember when I got my first computer and not the nicely run Packard Bell that I'd watch the Matrix on, the black background and green writing machine that was really of no use but still fun at the same time

47 minutes ago, Danny said:

I remember when I didn't have a phone, I remember when MSN was as good as a phone and even that was groundbreaking.

I remember when I got my first computer and not the nicely run Packard Bell that I'd watch the Matrix on, the black background and green writing machine that was really of no use but still fun at the same time

Flippin eck!!  You're much older than me!!! xD:ph34r:

On 11/21/2017 at 5:35 AM, Spike said:

Some drunk dickhead was pissing inside the parking lot at Solider Field yesterday. Oh wait, that was me, nevermind.

What is Solider Field? You haven't drunkenly pissed until you've pissed on a church wall...

7 minutes ago, Anton said:

What is Solider Field? You haven't drunkenly pissed until you've pissed on a church wall...

Church wall is standard, saw someone pissing against a shop wall Melbourne and opposite them a girl with her face in the bottle shaped recycling bin lid puking up. Classsssy

Archived