Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Rugby Union

Ireland losing last night all but guarantees England the Grand Slam. Also have the opportunity to equal the world record of consecutive wins later on.

England absolutely smashed it against Scotland. Easy win 61-21. Win against Ireland next week and the record is theirs.

I genuinely believe if they do the business in Dublin that the only team in the world that will stop these guys going into 2019 will be the All Blacks. It's a special team he's building and back to back grand slams would eclipse anything the '03 side did in the tournament. I'm concerned we may peak too soon though 

Right... it's that time again. My Lion's XV (this changes all the time mind)...

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

Need big pack and strong set piece.

1 hour ago, WhoNose said:

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

I'd be lucky to name that many rugby union players if any. xD

9 hours ago, WhoNose said:

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

I think North will be in that squad as well, it's Gatland again so at least 7-8 Welsh in the squad.  Itojie surely must start he's going to be a huge star in the game. 

If the Scots I'd say Huw Jones has maybe played himself into a place. So has Keith Earls arguably  but I don't know about starting XV, would you take Hogg?

The Auckland born, Samoa RL international Denny Solomona signs up for the Rest of the World kick and clap side, sorry I meant England side. 

Some game RU. Ashamed by absolutely nothing.  

“But my heart’s not here, it’s not for England. I play in Super League but my heart is for New Zealand and Samoa and that’s who I’ll be representing if they ask. I’d love to represent Samoa while my grandparents are alive, it would mean a lot to do that, but it would be good if New Zealand came calling.”

Denny Solomona - September 2016 😂

The way they handled that and how the French welcomed Ben Barba with open arms after being banned by Rugby League for taking cocaine capped a wonderful winter for Rugby Union and it's lack of moral compass. 

So it looks to be London Irish vs Yorkshire Carnegie in the Championship Play-Off Final. Yorkshire beat Ealing on aggregate after both sides won away and Irish have a fairly healthy lead over Doncaster but the second leg is yet to be played.

Neither Ealing or Doncaster applied for promotion so only Yorkshire or Irish could go up anyway.

Fantastic stuff from Ealing, a few years ago in League 1 and now after the second season in 3 years in the Championship (relegated in the first) have reached a playoff semifinal. There's definitely plans for growth at Ealing which is good for west London as currently the only alternative are Harlequins :censored: Irish maybe coming back to London via Brentford but have spent years out on Reading

Ben youngster has withdrawn from the Lions as his Brothers (Tom) wife has been diagnosed Terminally ill. Shame for The family 

Saracens and Gloucester both a bit pissed off at the timing of the Lions meet up before their European finals...

London Irish beat Yorkshire Carnegie 18-29 in the first leg of the play-off final, can't expect much less than an Irish return to the Premiership after this season.

Newcastle Falcons will play Saracens next season in Philadelphia, USA, as an Aviva Premiership "home" game.

Hate it going abroad but with MLR looking a possibility the game will move fast in the next 10 years. Sarries impressed me with their Heinkien cup win last week and they've been done by the chiefs late on today. 

Will it take off the same way football has? Rugby will be a direct competitor to NFL.

Not surprised Exeter pulled that out, seems weird to have to play a final before a semi final.

Wasps leading Exeter 20-14 at Twickenham, as much as I'd love to see them flop it'd be wrong to crown a team that didn't finish top the champions.

Lions lose their second game against the Blues as Sonny Bill Williams grabs a try on his return from injury.

It was a great result from the chiefs. A club that's done it the right way I hope they continue on with success for years to come. 

Not enthusiastic about the Lions at all, Gatland was the wrong choice in my eyes and taking the Bulk of the Welsh who aren't as good as England and Ireland will see us get drubbed badly.

That last try was Shane William's style.

football forum

I'm looking forward to Maori All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions later. Still think Maori's will be too much though.

I fully expect the Lions to be beating these teams by now. They need to if they're going to give the genuine All Blacks a test. 

Still predicting 3-0 to the All Blacks

football forum

Lions beat Maori's in the end. 

Whats the deal with Scotland beating Australia? I know Scots have improved as they almost beat Oz in the WC anyways but surely their best are with Lions now?

On 6/16/2017 at 0:13 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm looking forward to Maori All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions later. Still think Maori's will be too much though.

The Maori All Blacks is an odd thing really. A similar thing happened in Australia call the Indigenous All Stars.