talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby Union

football forum

• 1 month later...

The season started so brightly for the Irish against Harlequins, however we've lost every game since. The sooner the move to Brentford the better, back in London and will be better off financially. At least Worcester are propping the table up for us.

My more local side who've only really come about competitively the last couple of seasons Ealing are flying in the Championship, 2nd behind Bristol.

Saracens flying as usual, I've never really been a fan of them but they've absolutely smashed things the last few years.

Coventry's own aren't having it as good this season as they did last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Watched Irish beat Worcester last weekend, mad how bad they've been this season but I've never come to expect much more. Didn't watch the Wasps game but sounds like the better team lost which means if survival was a bit of a pipe dream before this match then relegation is all but gaurenteed now.

Mad to see how having your own stadium can do so much for a club yet so many have struggled for years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

The 6 Nations 2019 has started and so far I have managed to see Wales (2nd half) come back against France at the Stade de France and winning 19-24 and then watching Scotland v Italy at Murrayfield and Scotland winning 33-20, one thing about Rugby Union is the wife loves watching it also and was screaming in my bloody ear every time Scotland scored a try!! 

• Administrator

Good win for Scotland and also Wales last night. Quite a surprise Wales got that actually.

England in a good position so far to get an unlikely win against Ireland. 15mins to go, leading 13-17...

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Stan said:

Good win for Scotland and also Wales last night. Quite a surprise Wales got that actually.

England in a good position so far to get an unlikely win against Ireland. 15mins to go, leading 13-17...

England won 32-20 and, Scotland was playing ok with about 15 to go and then let Argentina back into it with 2 tries and they (Scotland) were lucky Argentina Italy never converted the kicks and only ended up with 3 points a try (6 points) instead of 10.

Scotland has 2 hard matches away in France & England and has Ireland & Wales at home and Ireland will be baying for blood next week after losing to England today.

Edit: Italy, not Argentina, thanks @Gunnersauraus for spotting that. :ay: 

Edited by CaaC - John

5 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

England won 32-20 and, Scotland was playing ok with about 15 to go and then let Argentina back into it with 2 tries and they (Scotland) were lucky Argentina never converted the kicks and only ended up with 3 points a try (6 points) instead of 10.

Scotland has 2 hard matches away in France & England and has Ireland & Wales at home and Ireland will be baying for blood next week after losing to England today.

Argentina??

On 22/09/2018 at 14:33, Blue said:

Hopefully I get some more time to watch Union.

Today I'm going to try and catch some Currie Cup.

Rugby isn't that big in Peru is it Brian? I've heard that it does have quite a big following in Uruguay and Chile and of course Argentina?

Edited by Guest

On 03/02/2019 at 08:07, Fairy In Boots said:

Probably the best English performance since we dicked the Aussies a few years back. That’s the world No 2 side that bear the All Blacks in the Autumn and we did them completely. 

Yeah and they beat them last year in America. Very good result. Hopefully we can batter the French. The hardest game now will be Wales away.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Rugby isn't that big in Peru is it Brian? I've heard that it does have quite a big following in Uruguay and Chile and of course Argentina?

It isn't. I'm friends with one lad on the National team who introduced me to the rest of the team. Funnily enough, he is Argentine. Not even Peruvian.

I'm one of the few that like it. It's because I like the concept of the sport and find the more accessible version to me, American football, almost unwatchable.