talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby Union

football forum

I genuinely believe if they do the business in Dublin that the only team in the world that will stop these guys going into 2019 will be the All Blacks. It's a special team he's building and back to back grand slams would eclipse anything the '03 side did in the tournament. I'm concerned we may peak too soon though 

Right... it's that time again. My Lion's XV (this changes all the time mind)...

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

Need big pack and strong set piece.

1 hour ago, WhoNose said:

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

I'd be lucky to name that many rugby union players if any. xD

9 hours ago, WhoNose said:

Williams
Nowells
Josephs
Farrell
Sexton
Webb
Marler
Owens
Furlong
Launchbury
Lawes
Stander
Haskell
Vunipola

I think North will be in that squad as well, it's Gatland again so at least 7-8 Welsh in the squad.  Itojie surely must start he's going to be a huge star in the game. 

If the Scots I'd say Huw Jones has maybe played himself into a place. So has Keith Earls arguably  but I don't know about starting XV, would you take Hogg?

• 2 weeks later...

“But my heart’s not here, it’s not for England. I play in Super League but my heart is for New Zealand and Samoa and that’s who I’ll be representing if they ask. I’d love to represent Samoa while my grandparents are alive, it would mean a lot to do that, but it would be good if New Zealand came calling.”

Denny Solomona - September 2016 😂

• 1 month later...

So it looks to be London Irish vs Yorkshire Carnegie in the Championship Play-Off Final. Yorkshire beat Ealing on aggregate after both sides won away and Irish have a fairly healthy lead over Doncaster but the second leg is yet to be played.

Neither Ealing or Doncaster applied for promotion so only Yorkshire or Irish could go up anyway.

Fantastic stuff from Ealing, a few years ago in League 1 and now after the second season in 3 years in the Championship (relegated in the first) have reached a playoff semifinal. There's definitely plans for growth at Ealing which is good for west London as currently the only alternative are Harlequins :censored: Irish maybe coming back to London via Brentford but have spent years out on Reading

• 2 weeks later...

London Irish beat Yorkshire Carnegie 18-29 in the first leg of the play-off final, can't expect much less than an Irish return to the Premiership after this season.

Newcastle Falcons will play Saracens next season in Philadelphia, USA, as an Aviva Premiership "home" game.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great result from the chiefs. A club that's done it the right way I hope they continue on with success for years to come. 

Not enthusiastic about the Lions at all, Gatland was the wrong choice in my eyes and taking the Bulk of the Welsh who aren't as good as England and Ireland will see us get drubbed badly.