talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby Union

football forum

Lions beat Maori's in the end. 

Whats the deal with Scotland beating Australia? I know Scots have improved as they almost beat Oz in the WC anyways but surely their best are with Lions now?

On 6/16/2017 at 0:13 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm looking forward to Maori All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions later. Still think Maori's will be too much though.

The Maori All Blacks is an odd thing really. A similar thing happened in Australia call the Indigenous All Stars.

Edited by Spike

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

I feel like NZ are a lot more accepting of the Maori in their culture and treat the Maori as the core of their culture as opposed to Australia who've done quite the opposite.

Depends on what part of Australia you go to. It's pretty respected in places where people actually take part in their cultural heritage rather than fall into the pitfalls so many young fellas do, the drinking, the fighting, the drugs, lots of programs to help them too but not too many want the help. Kinda sad that most of the young Murris I grew up with have ended up doing some time in jail, just a product of their environment, hard for most of them to escape the cycles of poverty. There was a local bloke that was a published author wrote stories of his youth doing a lot of station work in the outback, nothing fancy but interesting reads. Also some great art work and handiwork, I dunno if you've come across one but a carved emu egg is pretty amazing. 

I feel like with some Murris anway, there is resistance, they wouldn't than their culture to be 'core' given the choice. 

• 2 weeks later...

What a dull end to the series. Was watching it in a bar, 50/50 Kiwis and Lions fans and once everyone realised it was a draw the place just deflated. What's the point in a 3 test series if you can still draw it :dam:

59 minutes ago, Danny said:

What a dull end to the series. Was watching it in a bar, 50/50 Kiwis and Lions fans and once everyone realised it was a draw the place just deflated. What's the point in a 3 test series if you can still draw it :dam:

You've watched cricket before, right? Let's not fucking Americanise everything. A series draw takes nothing away from it and there doesn't always have to be a winner.

10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You've watched cricket before, right? Let's not fucking Americanise everything. A series draw takes nothing away from it and there doesn't always have to be a winner.

Considering the Lions won't play again for 4 years and won't play New Zealand for 12 years now making sure there's a winner is hardly Americanising it.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Considering the Lions won't play again for 4 years and won't play New Zealand for 12 years now making sure there's a winner is hardly Americanising it.

Agreed. They should've gone to kicks from the penalty spot.

• 3 weeks later...

What a game between Lions and Hurricanes. Van Rooyen gets a try right before the half for the hosts and its game on in the second. Hurricanes lead 22-10 at the whistle. 

So Saracens are in the process of a 20m development of the Allianz and Wasps can't afford to pay off their stadium...swings and roundabouts 😂

I'd love the Irish to have a stadium though, can't be doing with the Madejski when I get home, hopefully at least be moved into Lionel Road by then.

Lions off to a formidable first half for once. Still losing but they haven't been outclassed yet like they were in the other games. 

Elton Jantjies with that spot kick have the Lions in a good position to go for the kill in the second half.

What a game so far. Lions pushing forward but always coming short. I think this second half we'll see a proper contest as Lions will pile on the pressure like they did in the other games. I still think Crusaders will be victorious though.

And thats it! Crusaders are the winners of Super Rugby. Superb defensive performance. An unpassable wall. Although when De Klerk came on for the Lions the team improved and created more danger. Very entertaining game and its a shame its done now. Ah, well Currie Cup always exists :) 

Lions got Lions'd against the Sharks this morning in the Currie Cup. Doing exactly what the Lions did to Sharks and Hurricanes in the Super Rugby playoffs. Glorious xD

• 4 weeks later...