• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 5 (Group C) - Wednesday 22nd November, 2017

• Administrator

Qarabag v Chelsea, 17.00

Atletico Madrid vs Roma, 19.45

c.PNG

Roma win and they're through. 

Chelsea win and they're through. Atletico have to win and Chelsea to drop points to have any chance of qualifying. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win tonight and we are through. Question is, do we want to finish 1st, and potentially get Real, Bayern, Juve, or finish 2nd and potentially get Barca, PSG?

Will absolutely piss myself if Atletico and Napoli get kicked into the Europa League. Arsenal can never catch a break. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Win tonight and we are through. Question is, do we want to finish 1st, and potentially get Real, Bayern, Juve, or finish 2nd and potentially get Barca, PSG?

Will absolutely piss myself if Atletico and Napoli get kicked into the Europa League. Arsenal can never catch a break. 

Napoli still has a chance if things go their way to qualify for the knock out stages, but Atletico is out if they fail to get three points.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Napoli still has a chance if things go their way to qualify for the knock out stages, but Atletico is out if they fail to get three points.

With most English clubs finishing 1st, we might be better off finishing 2nd by the look of things xD

Just now, Cicero said:

With most English clubs finishing 1st, we might be better off finishing 2nd by the look of things xD

As things stands in other groups it is almost the same if you finish 1st or 2nd considering how many good teams are second. However i also think Conte won't calculate and will go for a win in every game.

Just now, True Blue said:

As things stands in other groups it is almost the same if you finish 1st or 2nd considering how many good teams are second. However i also think Conte won't calculate and will go for a win in every game.

We can't draw an English club, and with United, City, Spurs, and potentially Liverpool all finishing 1st, it reduces the amount of drawing a top club if we finish 2nd. Whereas if we finish 1st, we have Juve, Real, and Bayern waiting...

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Rudiger; Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Pedro, Hazard

Back to a 3-4-3 and Kante+Cesc partnership. Hoping for the best. COYB let's finish this tonight. 

can't underestimate Qarabag at home. I know it was only Atletico who have been poor all season but they made it very tough to be broken down.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

can't underestimate Qarabag at home. I know it was only Atletico who have been poor all season but they made it very tough to be broken down.

Probably don't want to make the same mistake as with Atletico-City. With this one being a less of a risk. 

Our players were absolutely knackered against City, and losing Morata early on basically had us throwing in the towel. 

• Administrator

Penalty to Chelsea and red card for Sadigov, their main centre-back and most experienced player. Good decision on replay. Pulled Willian down. No choice for the ref. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

0-2 at the Half. Qarabag with only 10 men. 

Safe to say we can make some rotations. I'd put in Drinkwater for Cesc and Morata for Hazard at the start of the second. 

why risk Morata? 

Is Batshuayi on the bench? Might as well bring him on. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

why risk Morata? 

Is Batshuayi on the bench? Might as well bring him on. 

Batshuayi is injured, and it be good for Morata to get some minutes ahead of Liverpool. Keep him on his toes. 

I'd put Morata for Hazard, Drinkwater for Cesc, and Christensen for Kante, and push Luiz in midfield. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Cesc needed to do a re-take (even though ive seen Neymar do that all the time), but makes it 0-3 on his second. 

We can breath a lot easier now against Atletico as we've already qualified. 

The re-take was for encroachment not the run-up. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived