talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 5 (Group C) - Wednesday 22nd November, 2017

The first penalty and red looked very harsh, but after a different angle it was clear he was holding Willian and he was also the last man in the defense. The second penalty was to be honest soft as shit. Willian played a very good game scoring a brace and overall the best player on the pitch. We got a chance to rest some players for saturday and secured a top two finish. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roma were pretty lethargic last night. I think the combination of the big emotional victory at the weekend, conbined with the fact they didn't really need to win last night was a factor.

Never really seemed too bothered about attacking and tried to merely see out the game. Pellegrini was poor and looked like a deer in headlights at times last night.

What a wonderful stadium that is though. Atletico could do with a few more special moments like the Griezmann overhead kick, just to make it feel like 'home'. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped into the Europa League, that they went on and won it.

13 hours ago, DNA said:

It's mad to think Atletico are effectively out of the CL at the group stages, who would have thought that at the start of the campaign.

It was a tough group\draw for all. Even Qarabag, as Athletico found out, could string some passes together & look half decent.

Maybe Qarabag will leave their mark on this group again in Rome. It could happen. While they got the better of my own club, I was not impressed by Roma & believe they benefited most from our dip in form during October.

We will see

Did you watch the match? Roma was just sitting back, delaying all the time with the ball, even the ball boys were loitering, not doing their job:

https://www.romatoday.it/sport/multa-roma-raccattapalle-derby.html

It was just a matter of time until the equalizer but the time was wasted for non athletic reasons and Roma was lucky enough to get away with 3 points.

5 hours ago, Dalmore said:

Did you watch the match? Roma was just sitting back, delaying all the time with the ball, even the ball boys were loitering, not doing their job:

https://www.romatoday.it/sport/multa-roma-raccattapalle-derby.html

It was just a matter of time until the equalizer but the time was wasted for non athletic reasons and Roma was lucky enough to get away with 3 points.

The only reason Lazio even scored was Manolas inexplicably handled under no pressure. Laughable suggesting I didn't watch it when you thought Lazio looked better.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived