talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alan Pardew hired as West Brom Manager

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst Gary Megson somewhat came across like he's always had an ulterior motive to go back to The Hawthornes with the way he spoke in the press conference after Tony Pulis was sacked I can't help but feel they should stay by him for at least another week if he can beat Newcastle United during the weekday fixtures.

Gary Megson is an incredibly low budget Fat Sam. And Tony Pullis is already a low budget Fat Sam. Doesn't strike me as a great move for WBA - although I think they'd be hard pressed to find anyone good outside of plucking someone promising out of a lower league.

Having him as a caretaker manager is fair enough... but if he got the job long term, I don't think that would be helpful for them at all.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Are West Brom as utterly boring as Stoke yet? Such a team to have an open top bus parade when they finish 9th without ever getting past the 4th round of the FA Cup or winning away at any of the big six whilst also remaining exactly 8 points clear of the relegation zone every season.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are West Brom as utterly boring as Stoke yet? Such a team to have an open top bus parade when they finish 9th without ever getting past the 4th round of the FA Cup or winning away at any of the big six whilst also remaining exactly 8 points clear of the relegation zone every season.

More so I'd say.

Pardew will do well for a couple of months then revert to utter shit, win 3 games in a row then lose 6. I actually don't mind him, most of our fans hate him and I can understand why, he's not the best manager in the world but he'll do a job.

5 hours ago, Batard said:

Get money on West Brom getting relegated

Other than at Charlton (and maybe league one Southampton, but I wouldn't know tbh), hasn't he generally gotten off to good starts at the clubs he's gone to? His first prem season at West Ham ended with the Stevie G final - and they finished 9th. Not bad - but they then had a pretty shite following season. Then he was sacked, went down with Charlton and had them fighting relegation after getting relegated the season before. Then he ended up at Southampton... and then weirdly Newcastle.

And at Newcastle he had a decent start and then massively lost the plot. Similar to his time at Palace.

Although you could argue that this West Brom are more like that Charlton side he inherited than Newcastle or Palace. And I don't know if I'd dispute that, it certainly looks like it.

Archived