talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are Liverpool Under Klopp Like Spurs Under Hoddle?

Do you blame Klopp, the players or the board?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s ultimately responsible?

• Klopp
    • The players
    • The board

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The difference is that Mourinho delivers trophies and klopp disappointments

Its that simple. Mourinho>>>Pep>>> Rafa>>>Rodgers>>>>Klopp

My nephew would deliver trophies with the money Mourinho spends. He also wouldn’t shat himself against the big teams. 

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Needs to play TAA consistently until Clyne is back. 

Horses for courses. TAA is better against teams that sit back because he’s good going forward. Gomez is better against more attacking teams because he’s a natural defender. 

Klopp has said though that this is a long term project and he’s learning Gomez the ropes across the back four before eventually easing him into the CB position. Too early yet though. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Needs to play TAA consistently until Clyne is back. 

I'd rather have Gomez at RB over TAA personally because TAA isn't as reliable as Gomez but that depends on the teams played against. I didn't think he did a shoddy job yesterday.

Not Clyne's biggest fan at right back but it's not ideal having two kids fighting it out for that position while he's injured. Don't think either are natural RBs either. TAA came through the ranks mainly playing in midfield I believe?

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Horses for courses. TAA is better against teams that sit back because he’s good going forward. Gomez is better against more attacking teams because he’s a natural defender. 

Klopps whole system and mentality is attack so TAA needs to play. 

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Looking in from outside I myself can't opt for one of the options to vote.  Only the Liverpool fans that follow their club inside out and day to day have more of an inkling as to what's gong on.

But from the outside to me it looks more a situation revolving around Klopp's deficiencies as a coach.  All this energy sapping, high pressing game is great for the neutral to watch while it lasts, but tactically it's not very good.  You don't really have to go too deep into an analysis here because certain things keep on repeating themselves in terms of how the story of a game goes and then you have the topsy-turvy seasons Liverpool continuously have under Klopp.

For me it's not a case if this Liverpool side coached by Klopp us like the Tottenham Hotspur side coached by Hoddle... If you want a comparison in those terms, then this Liverpool side for me is more like Ossie Ardiles' Spurs.

Was going to say the same thing that its more like Ossie's side.       

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

So far Man utd has defeated the only top team they have played, Spurs, and they will defeat the only other top team Man Citeh now that Paul Pogba and zlatan are back.

United got battered by Madrid. 

23 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Klopps whole system and mentality is attack so TAA needs to play. 

Clyne's actually good defensively and goes forward well (although his crossing is dogshit). TAA is great going forward, wank defensively. Gomez is pretty solid defensively (he's more a natural CB though, so you'd expect that) and worse than TAA and Clyne going forward.

With both Moreno and Robertson being pretty attack minded, playing TAA against certain sides would leave our CBs and keeper exposed. And they're already pretty exposed as it is in the system. I think it makes plenty of sense to rotate the two kids in the absence of Clyne.

23 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Pep has spend more, had the ****GOAT**** Messi, and needed the refs(Stamford and bernabeu) and still doesn't match what Mourinho has won.. Klopp or Pep would never ever win a CL with inter or Porto!

So you are saying that Paul Scholes' disallowed goal vs Porto in 2004 was the correct decision then?

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

One small mistake by the assistant but that robbery at Stamford bridge was as bad as what the DNC did to Bernie Sanders .

Small mistake? United would of been through had that not happen xD

Matter of fact, in 2010, Ballack and Drogba had blatant penalties that were denied against Inter too. 

Criticise Guardiola all you want, but Mourinho's two CL titles came with controversy. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Small mistake? United would of been through had that not happen xD

Matter of fact, in 2010, Ballack and Drogba had blatant penalties that were denied against Inter too. 

Criticise Guardiola all you want, but Mourinho's two CL titles came with controversy. 

I don't think we know what would happen had the goal stood against porto. To be fair though other managers get luck and they don't win the champions league so credit where it's due. Barcelona's dissaload goal looked like it should have stood and that would have almost certainly sent inter out but I heard the sending of was a bit harsh. Not seen it so don't know. Barcelona were very lucky against Chelsea

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Pep has spend more, had the ****GOAT**** Messi, and needed the refs(Stamford and bernabeu) and still doesn't match what Mourinho has won.. Klopp or Pep would never ever win a CL with inter or Porto!

So far Man utd has defeated the only top team they have played, Spurs, and they will defeat the only other top team Man Citeh now that Paul Pogba and zlatan are back.

You've got no chance of catching city. No one does

Just now, LFCMike said:

What hasn't happened yet?

Well I think people expected morw by now. Like I said earlier I think you should stick with klopp even if you don't get top 4 because I think he could deliver long term

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well I think people expected morw by now. Like I said earlier I think you should stick with klopp even if you don't get top 4 because I think he could deliver long term

Expected more in terms of what? He's had one full season and got us back into the Champions League. Should he have won something? Probably. But he's also taken over a club that's won just one League Cup in 11 years and fuck all else.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Expected more in terms of what? He's had one full season and got us back into the Champions League. Should he have won something? Probably. But he's also taken over a club that's won just one League Cup in 11 years and fuck all else.

Some people expected more. Never said I did. I think a lot of people expected you to put up a stronger league challenge this year. But to be fair city have pulled away. Most seasons you would be challenging with the points you have this year

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Some people expected more. Never said I did. I think a lot of people expected you to put up a stronger league challenge this year. But to be fair city have pulled away. Most seasons you would be challenging with the points you have this year

I'd like some of what those expecting us to challenge for the league are on please. They obviously completely forgot about the state of our goalkeepers and defence xD

32 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd like some of what those expecting us to challenge for the league are on please. They obviously completely forgot about the state of our goalkeepers and defence xD

I mean a lot of people expected more by now when he took over

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I mean a lot of people expected more by now when he took over

Did they? I thought our team was shambolic at the end of Rodgers' tenure - and I still think parts are shambolic - but I thought he had a lot of work to do to get us back in the CL. Then Klopp got us back in the CL.

I'm disappointed at the lack of progression this season, but we've still got a long way left. We're still in the hunt for a CL spot, which I think until we address major issues in the squad, is probably the best we can hope for other than a good cup run that will hopefully give us some silverware.

Expecting us to challenge for the title over a course of a season though would be total madness. I think we're right about where it would be reasonable to expect us to be considering how shite we were when Klopp came in. It's disappointing/frustrating though because we still have some of the same glaring issues and the side is capable of playing some truly great stuff... but then continues to fuck itself over with shambolic defending and retarded individual errors.

Football's changed and managers do less and less these days compared with Sir Alex Ferguson so the chances are, it's probably not Jurgen Klopp's fault that Liverpool failed to a) sign Virgil Van Dijk, b) decided to put all their eggs in one basket with Van Dijk and c) failed to adequately plan a Plan B, C and D should, for whatever reason, they failed to sign Van Dijk.

Archived