talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs New Stadium - New White Hart Lane

Pretty unprofessional. I’ve always had the impression that the stadium wasn’t going to be ready on time. 

Theyve also said Tottenham v Man City venue is ‘TBC’ which isn’t particularly promising. Another delay would be even more embarrassing.

It’s also against premier league rules to play in two stadiums in a season I believe and the rules have already been bent on the basis that it was only for a short period.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Marc said:

Pretty unprofessional. I’ve always had the impression that the stadium wasn’t going to be ready on time. 

Theyve also said Tottenham v Man City venue is ‘TBC’ which isn’t particularly promising. Another delay would be even more embarrassing.

It’s also against premier league rules to play in two stadiums in a season I believe and the rules have already been bent on the basis that it was only for a short period.

We already got special dispensation from the FA for this season - we are playing at Wembley on Saturday. 

The delays aren't a problem in themselves - it's understandable considering the mammoth construction job it is. It's the communication with the fans, particularly after asking us to fork out huge amounts of money for our season tickets, that has been the real problem. They've not had any consideration for the effect on the fans whatsoever and the PR damage control they have to do is massive - particularly after such a shocking transfer window. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Heard loads of rumours of trades people being kept on and given extended contracts to complete, I suppose there was some truth in it. Shame about the NFL game, I was hoping to go to that.

I was going to it as have season tickets for the other Wembley games. Was proper looking forward to going to this stadium.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was going to it as have season tickets for the other Wembley games. Was proper looking forward to going to this stadium.

Had the chance of getting tickets for one of the Wembley games but didn't bother as I wanted to go to this stadium. It looks utterly superb. It has that wow factor that you wish Wembley had.

37 minutes ago, Marc said:

In that case, a points deduction is surely the most suitable punishment 

They made the weird choice of shaping it like a toilet seat and now everyone's surprised with all the shit. It's a bit of a shambles to be serious though. They might as well push it back to the start of next season rather than rush to get it done and risk people's safety.

They shouldn't be allowed to move in this season. The premier league should have said "fuck off, you're not having your cake and eating it". It's ridiculous how they are just gonna waltz in midway through this campaign.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

They shouldn't be allowed to move in this season. The premier league should have said "fuck off, you're not having your cake and eating it". It's ridiculous how they are just gonna waltz in midway through this campaign.

Behave - why would this get you worked up?

The team this disadvantages is us. It's awful to have to play games at Wembley and then jump straight to a new stadium mid season.

The FA quite rightly in my view - allowed us to do this because they want to encourage works of the scale we have attempted. 

By your logic should the FA have said you shouldn't have been able to swap games at the start of last season when your new stand wasn't ready?

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

The team this disadvantages is us. It's awful to have to play games at Wembley and then jump straight to a new stadium mid season.

The FA quite rightly in my view - allowed us to do this because they want to encourage works of the scale we have attempted. 

By your logic should the FA have said you shouldn't have been able to swap games at the start of last season when your new stand wasn't ready?

I tend to agree. Not sure what Spurs have to gain from all this?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I tend to agree. Not sure what Spurs have to gain from all this?

Very little mate - it can only serve as a disadvantage, and now you've got a very pissed off fanbase as well due to the clubs failure to communicate. Could get very nasty if things start going wrong this season 

• Administrator

i don't get why there's such a fuss about the 2-stadium rule either in this circumstance.

Can understand it if you have a fully functional stadium ready to go but so what if they play at Wembley and then at their new stadium? it'll disrupt them if anything. 

• Subscriber

You'd have thought Liverpool fans in particular would be really sympathetic to ensuring that all the safety systems in place are perfect, which is what has caused the delay. Bizarre outburst 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

You'd have thought Liverpool fans in particular would be really sympathetic to ensuring that all the safety systems in place are perfect, which is what has caused the delay. Bizarre outburst 

Not all of us :bye:

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Storts said:

do you know what safety systems have failed so far, or that need to be tested? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

do you know what safety systems have failed so far, or that need to be tested? 

They haven't said specifics - but must have been the sprinklers, the automatic doors etc. something fire related no doubt 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

i don't get why there's such a fuss about the 2-stadium rule either in this circumstance.

Can understand it if you have a fully functional stadium ready to go but so what if they play at Wembley and then at their new stadium? it'll disrupt them if anything. 

I think it's a joke that they were allowed to play at Wembley in the first place, but with that already being the case, I completely agree. Storm in a teacup

2 hours ago, Storts said:

I was sort of following on from Mike's comment about points deduction. I'm definitely not worked up in the slightest. 

Like you say, it's not like you would prefer to be at Wembley. It's just bizarre how many delays you's have had with this stadium. I know I'm preaching to the choir saying that. 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

I liked Mike’s post because I thought it was a joke xD

In the words of the Joker, why so serious? Obviously Spurs should be allowed to use a different stadium so nobody gets hurt or dies. 

I think Spurs will be punished enough as, like you said, this is probably going to lead to fans being pissed off and coupled with the lack of activity over the summer to build on last years good season... could start getting fans to turn and develop a toxic atmosphere. Generally toxic atomospheres aren’t a great sign and if enough fans are vocal they start feeling the pressure.

Pretty shit for Poch, I sympathise with him.

Archived