talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs New Stadium - New White Hart Lane

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

The problem is the way it is been used, it caters for Yuppies plus the cash it generates is not being really invested into the team as it should do to match the cost of the tickets. 

That's not a stadium issue though is it, that's a club issue.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

That's not a stadium issue though is it, that's a club issue.

Yea but its because of the stadium, it happens alot with alot of the clubs these days who are not bankrolled by Arabs. 

But it be good for a club to keep its atmosphere just doesnt happen in England,  works in other countries better.

7 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Yes defiantly about a clean slate but when you have had so much success in the old stadium and nothing in the new stadium it feels like a different team, I follow Arsenal and Ajax and they have gone in the same directions, since moving to bigger and better stadiums the whole focus of the club has changed, it just isnt the same as before.    Its a very sentimental thing, I just don't like how the new stadiums are been used as its not really to improve the team its just to make the owners more money, which I am against as fans you do not benefit from that if it isnt going back into the team.  Also regarding Stadium names also and looking to advertise on anything as well is again just pretty sickening.  

My Favourite stadium is I have to admit is de Kuip, i love the unique style of the ground, its an old stadium with a modernise look, very traditional and the sound it generates is second to none in world football, it is what I would call a pure football stadium,  But they are now thinking of replacing it and building this huge 90,000 stadium in Rotterdam in some huge city plan, again there is nothing wrong with de Kuip.

ARCH2O-OMA-Gains-Approval-for-Feyenoord-

I'd love to go to de Kuip, looks quality for a fairly modern looking stadium. I love the fact that the lower tier is rectangular and small, keeping the upper tiers closer to the pitch

8 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

I think the older stadiums also were more hostile, West Ham is the best example they have lost that something from the ground moving into that horrible olympics stadium, its soulless. 

Without a doubt the old stadiums had more character about them. Plus they used to be generally built in the architectural fashion of the time which added more mystique to them. There isn't enough money in the world these days to do things like that and most wouldn't even contemplate doing it anyhow. In truth, there is no real soul in architecture these days anyhow and it's not just football that dies from a lack of originality because everything contemporary from music, film to fashion just goes around in circles copying or covering what was once done before. 

Trying to build the Art Deco facade the old Highbury had on a new stadium would be mental!

lets also throw into the cauldron the fact that when football became so trendy for the middle classes and above in the mid 90s, it t was the birth of a new era because capability consumers were now using the sport as part of their social diet... Enter all the money and the product placement possibilities available for those with the necessary tools to be able to achieve this and what you have in the end is a big proportion of fans not having ever lived what football was not all that long ago coupled with younger fans that never got to experience what stadiums and football atmosphere had once been too. So really, not many fans are going to miss much these days as a decent portion of those that used to go have also been priced out of modern football. 

• 1 month later...

4804718100000578-0-image-a-31_1515675316

Just seen the latest pictures. They should leave this stand like that aha, at least it would be interesting from an architectural standpoint, rather than these carbon copy boring bowl designs.

• 1 month later...

Tottenham are likely to ask to play their first four games of next season away from home while work is finished on their new stadium.

Overall completion of the stadium remains on target, but chairman Daniel Levy has confirmed the club will put contingencies in place for the start of the 2018-19 campaign.

Levy made the revelation while answering questions from the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust, and said recent bad weather and high winds had caused minor delays.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tottenham have delayed the opening of their new stadium because of "issues with the critical safety systems".

Spurs had been expected to play their first game at the new ground on 15 September against Liverpool but that game has now been switched to Wembley.

Tottenham's following home game against Cardiff on 6 October has also been moved to Wembley.

A venue for their Premier League game against Manchester City on 28 October is currently 'to be confirmed'.

More to follow.

BBC

• Administrator

issues with the 'critical safety systems' means first 2 home games (and the NFL game :40_rage::40_rage:) are being moved to Wembley. 

Following the release of the Premier League fixtures for the 2018/19 season, we announced that, barring any significant issues with the final stages of stadium completion, our match against Liverpool on 15 September would be the first match in our new stadium. Recent testing and commissioning has now shown issues with the critical safety systems.

Urgent follow-up meetings with Mace and the trade contractors are now taking place. We are reviewing the situation and planned timetable to rectify and re-test, after which we shall be in a better position to outline a revised timetable.

The delays created by these difficulties mean that we can no longer hold the necessary Test Events on 27 August and 1 September. These will need to be rescheduled to take place ahead of any first official match at the new stadium in order to achieve the safety licence.

In the meantime, therefore, our upcoming Premier League matches against Liverpool (15 September) and Cardiff City (6 October) will be switched to Wembley, as will the NFL match scheduled for 14 October.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “We know this will be disappointing for all our season tickets holders, premium members and our fans worldwide. We appreciate the support our partner the NFL has shown since the extent of this issue became evident today. At the start of the project we asked for your support during what we knew would be a complex and challenging build and now we ask for your continued patience and forbearance.”

Mark Waller, NFL Executive Vice-President, International, said: “Everyone has been so excited about the prospect of playing in the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and I know all at the Club are very disappointed, but determined to clear this final hurdle. We totally understand the issue. We shall continue to work with them towards making our future games at Spurs a huge success. The new stadium will be an amazing venue for the NFL and we are very excited about our long-term partnership with Tottenham Hotspur.”

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/august/urgent-stadium-update/

Archived