• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs New Stadium - New White Hart Lane

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why?

Why should some teams have had to play you at Wembley and others at the new ground? Depending on which way you look at it some of your opponents can make a case for being at a disadvantage as a result

• Subscriber

26 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not really impacted them in a negative way in terms of performance, so not much of a punishment, just for the fans.

The arseing around is annoying, couldn't they just have come out and said, right we've been massively too ambitious with the timescale, give us another season? 

Correct - exactly what they should have done from the start.

Been awful for the fans, and club are suffering as a result, even if the players are still doing the business, crowds and atmosphere are appalling as supporters staying away in huge numbers. They handled the PR so badly. This time around they've at least tried, with CAT C prices for the games, refunds in bulk etc. but too little too late for some. Think attendances over Feb are going to be horrific.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Why should some teams have had to play you at Wembley and others at the new ground? Depending on which way you look at it some of your opponents can make a case for being at a disadvantage as a result

Couldn't have said this at any time this season though? Not sure it really impacts anyone else tbh, we are the ones at the biggest disadvantage.

I don’t buy the disadvantage line of playing at different stadiums. If we’re using that as a reason for disadvantage then surely some clubs can make a case of being disadvantaged for playing a game when it’s stifilingly hot and others have to in cooler temperatures? 

Surely Leicester have a case for being disadvantaged for having to play at that midden Newport County call home compared with say, Man City who had Home comforts in the Cup?

10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t buy the disadvantage line of playing at different stadiums. If we’re using that as a reason for disadvantage then surely some clubs can make a case of being disadvantaged for playing a game when it’s stifilingly hot and others have to in cooler temperatures? 

Surely Leicester have a case for being disadvantaged for having to play at that midden Newport County call home compared with say, Man City who had Home comforts in the Cup?

Home advantage is real yes. It's why there isn't a single club who have won more away games in their history than home games. That doesn't happen by coincidence. At least the statistical probability of it happening by coincidence must be unbelievably low.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Couldn't have said this at any time this season though? Not sure it really impacts anyone else tbh, we are the ones at the biggest disadvantage.

The situation has become farcical and when it became clear it wasn't going to be resolved earlier Spurs should have been told they had to see the season out at Wembley. 

I get it's a complete pain in the arse for your fans but that's your clubs problem and it's up to them to compensate your supporters adequately.

I just don't see how it's fair for the competition if you're playing 13/14 of them at Wembley and the rest in the new ground. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

xD These are things that are unavoidable and that have happened since league and cup football began. Not comparable to this situation at all

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I just don't see how it's fair for the competition if you're playing 13/14 of them at Wembley and the rest in the new ground.

I do see your point, and I can't decide which side of the fence I fall on this one, but I would say that, on a competitive level, it disadvantages Spurs themselves more than anyone else having to change home grounds in the middle of the season.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I do see your point, and I can't decide which side of the fence I fall on this one, but I would say that, on a competitive level, it disadvantages Spurs themselves more than anyone else having to change home grounds in the middle of the season.

I agree, potentially it does. And whatever way you look at it, other clubs could argue that their rivals in the table have had an advantage that was completely avoidable

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

We aren't disadvantaged, we just play like it sometimes

• Subscriber

Tottenham get Wembley capacity increase from the council

10 minutes ago | Tottenham

Tottenham have been given council approval to increase the capacity for home matches played at Wembley Stadium.

Brent Council agreed a capped capacity for five domestic fixtures of 62,000, while any additional home Champions League ties could hold the full 90,000.

Premier League home games against Watford, Newcastle United and Leicester City will remain capped at 51,000.

Spurs announced earlier in January that their new stadium will not be ready until at least March.

Club chairman Daniel Levy apologised for the continued delay and said there would be another update towards the end of January.

Spurs were originally scheduled to move into their new stadium in September but the project has suffered construction delays.

The new ground, which will also host NFL games, has a capacity of 62,062 and is located on the site of their old White Hart Lane home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46903625

50431458_10157006506442855_4256358052564

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been a fan of Tottenham for a long time and it is surprising that I have never been to Tottenham Hotspur. On March 31, a Liverpool-Tottenham Hotspur game will take place at this stadium. I think Liverpool will win, but of course I wanted it to be the other way around, well, let's see how it will be) Do you bet on? I already looked at the landing plan, and bought tickets for the match. I found more detailed information on  worldstadia.com . This guide found by chance and I think what hotel to stay in, they offer some good places. Choosing between London Shelton Hotel - and Beaconsfield Hotel which one is better not tell me?

Just now, duruy said:

I have been a fan of Tottenham for a long time and it is surprising that I have never been to Tottenham Hotspur. On March 31, a Liverpool-Tottenham Hotspur game will take place at this stadium. I think Liverpool will win, but of course I wanted it to be the other way around, well, let's see how it will be) Do you bet on? I already looked at the landing plan, and bought tickets for the match. I found more detailed information on  worldstadia.com . This guide found by chance and I think what hotel to stay in, they offer some good places. Choosing between London Shelton Hotel - and Beaconsfield Hotel which one is better not tell me?

I still think that Liverpool will win, but we'll see. I've been to this stadium more than once, it's cool there. I will not tell you about the account, as I have not stopped in any of them.

• Administrator

Tottenham will play the first competitive fixture at their new stadium in the first week of April.

Spurs were scheduled to move to the new White Hart Lane stadium in September but construction has been delayed.

Who their first opponents are hinges on Brighton's FA Cup campaign.

If Brighton beat Millwall in the FA Cup on 17 March, Crystal Palace will be Spurs' visitors on 3 April, but if the Seagulls are knocked out, they will be the opposition on 6 or 7 April.

Tottenham said they have worked with the Premier League, Brighton and Palace to ensure the first competitive fixture at the stadium will be a league encounter.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino has said he expects to play their Champions League quarter-final home leg at the venue on 9/10 or 16/17 April, following the draw on 15 March.

Prior to getting the green light for competitive matches, Spurs said in a statement that two test events "with increasing levels of attendance" must be staged "in order to achieve a formal safety certificate".

An under-18s fixture with Southampton on 24 March will allow for a capacity of around 30,000, before a legends match on 30 March will see around 45,000 fans admitted to the venue.

Chairman Daniel Levy has previously apologised to fans for delays to the completion of the stadium, which has a capacity of 62,062 and is located on the site of their old White Hart Lane home.

The new stadium - which was expected to cost around £750m - will also stage NFL matches, with Levy stating it would "redefine sports and entertainment experiences".

Spurs have played their 2018-19 fixtures at Wembley Stadium, amassing a record of nine wins and a draw from 14 home league matches.

If they do get the necessary safety certificate following the test events, they will not play another fixture at Wembley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47502366

• 2 weeks later...

Archived