talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs New Stadium - New White Hart Lane

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked Mike’s post because I thought it was a joke xD

In the words of the Joker, why so serious? Obviously Spurs should be allowed to use a different stadium so nobody gets hurt or dies. 

I think Spurs will be punished enough as, like you said, this is probably going to lead to fans being pissed off and coupled with the lack of activity over the summer to build on last years good season... could start getting fans to turn and develop a toxic atmosphere. Generally toxic atomospheres aren’t a great sign and if enough fans are vocal they start feeling the pressure.

Pretty shit for Poch, I sympathise with him.

Of course it was! Can't believe anyone would think I was being serious

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked Mike’s post because I thought it was a joke xD

In the words of the Joker, why so serious? Obviously Spurs should be allowed to use a different stadium so nobody gets hurt or dies. 

I think Spurs will be punished enough as, like you said, this is probably going to lead to fans being pissed off and coupled with the lack of activity over the summer to build on last years good season... could start getting fans to turn and develop a toxic atmosphere. Generally toxic atomospheres aren’t a great sign and if enough fans are vocal they start feeling the pressure.

Pretty shit for Poch, I sympathise with him.

Mike's post definitely - but I didn't respond to that. Rick's post on the other end - classic him!

Yeah - I understand the need for it, but the communication between the club and the fans has been utterly diabolical. They've brought so many problems on themselves and they better hope the players don't let us down too or else it will kick off.

We don't even have a stadium for the City game, so got to hope they let us switch it to Manchester 

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Really dont get all the fuss.

Yeah it's not a big deal. If the new stadium can't be opened just yet because they need to make things more safe, then that needs to happen. Can't get pissed off about things that weren't really ever foreseen & the response wanting people to not be hurt and/or killed. It's something that needs to happen to keep people safe.

23 minutes ago, Rick said:

"if they die, they die".

Is probably what the FA (and Sheffield Wednesday, since they were also well aware their stadium wasn't safe) said when Hillsborough was selected to be the 1989 semi-final, despite evidence it was very unsafe from previous matches there. In 1981 it hosted the 1981 semi final between Spurs & Wolves, Spurs fans got crushed (nobody died thankfully) there in similar circumstances to what would happen in 1989. In 1987 in Leeds v. Coventry, Leeds fans had to be pulled to safety from above. In 1988 Liverpool and Nottingham Forest met there a year before the 1989 Disaster fans reported experiencing uncomfortable crushing to the FA.

If you know it's unsafe and hundreds/thousands of people are going to be packed into the stadium, better make it safe. Otherwise people will get hurt or die.

I know your post was probably not serious mate, because that'd be a bit fucked... but just in case (or in case someone else reads it and takes it seriously.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

@Dr. Gonzo it most certainly wasn't serious 😂 I just wanna put that out there right away.

Yeah, I didn't think a Rocky IV quote in this context would really be all that serious.

Although I do think that the FA and SWFC did not give a fuck if anyone died at Hillsborough, which is why they kept using a dangerous stadium for semi-finals. Times have changed though, Wembley hosts the semis now & it looks like we've got a club that is responsive to reports that it's stadium may not be safe.

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/08/16/spurs-stadium-builders-earning-more-than-the-players/

The title is click-baity as fuck, but here's a great indicator of just how many people are working on the site right now. 

600 electricians on £400 a day alone... Mace are going to lose LOTS on this, even before the bad press / rejection of future tenders comes into it!

23 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/08/16/spurs-stadium-builders-earning-more-than-the-players/

The title is click-baity as fuck, but here's a great indicator of just how many people are working on the site right now. 

600 electricians on £400 a day alone... Mace are going to lose LOTS on this, even before the bad press / rejection of future tenders comes into it!

Fucking hell, did they hire the dodgy Australian contractors that did Wembley!?

• 1 month later...

Tottenham have dismissed reports claiming their new stadium will not be ready before the end of the year.

It comes after an industry news resource, Construction News, reported that the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium is set to be finished in the first week of January 2019.

The article quotes an anonymous industry insider who claims they would not be surprised if the club "wrote off the season", in reference to playing their remaining games at other venues.

A club spokesperson from Tottenham told Sky Sports News on Wednesday: "We have always said that we would issue updates for test events and official opening as soon as we have confidence in our project managers' and contractors' ability to deliver against the revised scheduled of works.

"This remains the case and speculating on unsupported dates such as this is irresponsible."

7 hours ago, Danny said:

The stadium doesn't look as dull as Arsenal's, but it definitely has that rent-a-kit stadium look to it with the three sides of it being identical and essentially similar to what you see at Arsenal, Benfica etc

Can't really tell from that picture what the whole thing looks like to be honest but it does seem to have gone down the route of most new stadiums these days, a similar design.  This is why I like Atlético's new Metropolitano Stadium, it's odd and a bit different without being totally semetric.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Spurs to continue playing games til end of December. Think it was known it wouldn't be til January that they might be able to play in their new stadium but club have officially confirmed it...

Since we last provided an update on the progress of the new stadium on 3 September, 2018, we have been working hard with the contractors involved in the critical safety systems.

Key contractors involved in the mechanical, electrical and safety systems are being supported with external resources and closely monitored by our construction manager, Mace.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “There isn't an hour that goes by when I am not asked when we will be able to stage our first game at our new home.

“I wish I was able to confirm an exact opening date and fixture. However, in light of factors completely outside of our control, contractors missing deadlines and possible future unforeseen issues, we are naturally being cautious in respect of our timetable for our test events and official opening game.

“Whilst we are conscious of the need to keep pressure on our contractors to deliver as soon as possible, we are also acutely aware of how difficult the lack of clarity is for you, our supporters, to plan around games, particularly those at Christmas and New Year.

“In light of the above, and taking into account the restricted availability of manpower over the festive period, we have taken the decision to confirm today that all home games will be played at Wembley Stadium up to and including the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 29 December.

“We know the continued delay is a source of immense disappointment to everyone and I can only continue to apologise for this - it is a sentiment felt by all of us.

“We have not stood still whilst work on the critical safety systems has been happening and we have sought to use the time to bring forward future works.

“Our investment has been supported by over £100m investment in transport infrastructure which will see the stadium and the local area served by one of the best public transport networks in the country – facilitating the creation of a new sport, leisure and entertainment destination in London.

“The delay in the stadium opening has made it possible for some track and station improvements to be brought forward due to the fact that previously non-available construction dates have become available for works.

“We have no doubt when open that this stadium will be one of the finest in the world – a leading example of British research and development delivering engineering and technological firsts that will be showcased globally.

“I hope that the end result will be something that will make you proud.

“We shall look to update you again in early December.”

The Club will also be engaging with Wembley National Stadium Ltd and Brent Council regarding attendance capacities at Wembley Stadium for the forthcoming games.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/

• Subscriber

It’s a lot better than the Emirates, learnt from their mistakes. Firstly we have the 17,000 single tier stand. But beyond that it’s a lot closer to the pitch than the Emirates and other new grounds. We’ve pushed it to the limits on what’s allowed for new builds 

On 26/10/2018 at 21:32, Storts said:

It’s a lot better than the Emirates, learnt from their mistakes. Firstly we have the 17,000 single tier stand. But beyond that it’s a lot closer to the pitch than the Emirates and other new grounds. We’ve pushed it to the limits on what’s allowed for new builds 

Also, it's not going to be full of Arsenal gimps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived