talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Red Bull Bradford?

football forum

"Before our play-off final in May he wished me good luck. If Red Bull is interested in a project in England at one point, we could cooperate with our two clubs. We don’t have too much money, so it would be great for us to get talents on loan and develop them. We would be the perfect platform for a club like Leipzig to test their players. Comparable to their cooperation with Salzburg, we could commit ourselves to the same style of play and a similar training philosophy.”

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The criteria the Red Bull franchisers seemed to like about Leipzig was the fact it was a city with a large population, there was no Bundesliga side in the local vicinity they'd have to compete with for fans, the city had economic strength, a modern football stadium and good transport links. 

There's over half a million people in Bradford and they have Leeds-Bradford airport nearby. As for no big team in the local vicinity, you have Leeds and the two Sheffield's slightly further away. 

The thing Bradford doesn't have from the above list is a modern stadium, Valley Parade is quite big and a few of the stands aren't exactly old and the city's economic strength. Bradford could be a go-er but I think Bradford are too big of a club and their fan base would react negatively and they'd lose a large amount of fans. 

If I was targeting a club based on the criteria above I'd look at the original franchise arseholes, MK Dons. It's a great opportunity for them to drop the Dons moniker and to alienate themselves from the rest of the footballing world anymore. 

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The criteria the Red Bull franchisers seemed to like about Leipzig was the fact it was a city with a large population, there was no Bundesliga side in the local vicinity they'd have to compete with for fans, the city had economic strength, a modern football stadium and good transport links. 

There's over half a million people in Bradford and they have Leeds-Bradford airport nearby. As for no big team in the local vicinity, you have Leeds and the two Sheffield's slightly further away. 

The thing Bradford doesn't have from the above list is a modern stadium, Valley Parade is quite big and a few of the stands aren't exactly old and the city's economic strength. Bradford could be a go-er but I think Bradford are too big of a club and their fan base would react negatively and they'd lose a large amount of fans. 

If I was targeting a club based on the criteria above I'd look at the original franchise arseholes, MK Dons. It's a great opportunity for them to drop the Dons moniker and to alienate themselves from the rest of the footballing world anymore. 

That actually makes so much sense I can't believe I've never thought of it.

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

It isn't a franchise though ;)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It's an easy transition for MK, too, I feel. 

The club colours are white already, they don't have a large history to speak of, they already have a modern, large ground and I can't imagine their being much of an outcry against them because it's only MK. 

it'd just make them be hated even more which is fine :D

1 hour ago, Stan said:

it'd just make them be hated even more which is fine :D

I actually think that's a positive. There wouldn't be much of an outcry because they're largely disliked as it is, so people would just shrug their shoulders and move on. It wouldn't be like they're taking 100+ years of history and tradition and ruining, they'd be taking on what, ten years of history? 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate the idea of any club being instantly injected with a shit load of money to buy success, the model that Leipzeg follow is pretty good. They don't spend anything compared to the likes of City and PSG, and I like their policy of only buying players under 24, building for a long term future rather than doing a QPR and playing expensive mercenaries who don't give a fuck. 

If I was MK Dons id be contacting Red Bull asap. That's an excellent shout.

Archived