The better place to talk football.

Ryan Sessegnon

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Furthered his growing reputation this week with his first professional hat trick yesterday. How good do you think he is? How far do you think he can go?

if he goes to any of the top 6 right now (or within the next 12 months), he'll probably have his development stunted as he probably won't play that much unless he goes back out on loan.

And it probably won't surprise me, having said that, if a big club buys him and then sends him back out on loan to Fulham. 

Clearly very talented and maybe could reach the heights that Dele Alli has? He was on fire at MK Dons before Spurs snapped him up for a bargain. I doubt Sessegnon will go for as small as Alli did. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Know they'll get around £15m-£20m for him plus the fee on his next transfer as well. If they recruit well that money could be the difference between play offs and automatics next seaso. if they don't go up this season

I think they will get more than that to be honest just based on how quickly they drove the price up for Tom Cairney in January. 

• Subscriber

If Sessegnon's going for £20mil then we should be all over it. Truth be told I'd imagine he'll end up at someone better. Spurs seem the obvious candidate to me but I wouldn't even rule out Man City.

21 hours ago, Dan said:

If Sessegnon's going for £20mil then we should be all over it. Truth be told I'd imagine he'll end up at someone better. Spurs seem the obvious candidate to me but I wouldn't even rule out Man City.

A lot was being done behind the scenes with Spurs last year to get an agreement in place for him to join this summer. 

I think Fulham have to be looking at around 25m. He's genuinely one of the best talents for his age in the world. He's not 18 until May and he's played 2 full seasons of Championship football and scored 15-20 goals in the process, playing most of the time at left back!

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A lot was being done behind the scenes with Spurs last year to get an agreement in place for him to join this summer. 

Yeah I'm being a bit overly ambitious xD it would make sense for him to go there. I'd have said Chelsea too but they'd no doubt bin him off on loan to West Ham.

8 hours ago, Marc said:

I think Fulham have to be looking at around 25m. He's genuinely one of the best talents for his age in the world. He's not 18 until May and he's played 2 full seasons of Championship football and scored 15-20 goals in the process, playing most of the time at left back!

He's actually been pushed to LM for a lot of this season hence why he's getting in the penalty area more.

I'll choose my words carefully here but he's very much following a similar path to Gareth Bale in being a LB at Southampton and then being gradually converted to a winger at Spurs. I can see that happening to him when he inevitable joins a bigger club.

• 2 weeks later...

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic believes Ryan Sessegnon is ready for the international stage after he scored again in an impressive 2-1 win at Derby.

The 17-year-old bagged his 10th goal in 12 matches and Jokanovic has no doubt he could cope with an England call-up.

Jokanovic said: "I started working with him when he was 16 years and two months or something like that and I believe he can be part of the English national team for the World Cup.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't want him near the England team, not because I think he's poor or anything but because the FA will ruin him. He'll become another Theo Walcott tossed into the spotlight too early and will pay for it. At Fulham he can play without bother as without sounding rude nobody's really arsed about lower league football. He can develop at his own pace at the moment and is developing well for it. 

I think that's a cop out for the simple fact that Walcott was never that good, just blossomed early and was able to play at a high standard.

Id be open to bringing him along if he improves the side, who else do we have down the left?

• Subscriber

I like the look of him a lot more than Walcott. Walcott was always a bit of a ridiculous pick and he never really seemed to come on. I just don't think he's that good.

The World Cup's probably too soon I think but I'd imagine he'll be in the Premier League next season either way and he's surely going to be in the Euro 2020 squad.

What a prospect though.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think that's a cop out for the simple fact that Walcott was never that good, just blossomed early and was able to play at a high standard.

Id be open to bringing him along if he improves the side, who else do we have down the left?

Potentially Leon Bailey if rumours are to be believed.

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't want him near the England team, not because I think he's poor or anything but because the FA will ruin him. He'll become another Theo Walcott tossed into the spotlight too early and will pay for it. At Fulham he can play without bother as without sounding rude nobody's really arsed about lower league football. He can develop at his own pace at the moment and is developing well for it. 

Whose your PR person? Is it the same as Sol Campbell's?

100% gone at the end of the season. He is far too good for Fulham now and needs to consider his next move very carefully as he needs to continue to play football in order to continue his development, a bit like Ali did at Spurs. Fulham will get great money for him as they can just name their price, but he is just too good for them now.

Archived