• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 13 Fixtures - 24-27th November, 2017

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

What the hell kiind of formation are Barca playing? Really unorganised.

Barça have been playing brilliantly today, one of their best games of the season although Valencia have come into it in the second half. No way do Valencia deserve to win this game on what's happened on the pitch. But in between not putting away chances and a good goal not being permitted, this is what we have now. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

To be fair to Valencia, they're ridiculously strong at home. hadn't realised it before the commentator said but only Bilbao have scored there this season. 

This is true but that hasn't translated onto the pitch today. Nobody's given Valencia a good game this season until today!

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

This is true but that hasn't translated onto the pitch today. Nobody's given Valencia a good game this season until today!

and equally, Valencia in defence have been strong. Kept a good line, kept it tight and made it difficult for Barca to work through. Resilience in abundance.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

and equally, Valencia in defence have been strong. Kept a good line, kept it tight and made it difficult for Barca to work through. Resilience in abundance.

True... The game has been tremendous and a trademark stamp of what La Liga provides at its best.

It’s a shame that justice hasn’t been done on the scoreboard with a legitimate goal though and that will mar the game shoud it end 1-0. 

1-1 final result and I take that with a massive grin on my face because the side Barça played today was the best team they've played so far by a million miles. This Valencia side is seriously bloody good... They've got it all and they're way above Real Madrid on everything for me. Massive result for Barça and also Valencia to be honest as they'll come out of this boosted as they know they should've lost due to the disallowed goal.

BRILLIANT game! Two magnificent sides out there today. 

• Administrator

one thing I loved about that game was it was quite end to end and at times, frantic. Valencia's counter game was almost played to perfection and Barcelona's patience shone through eventually, too.

39 minutes ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Think you have it wrong, mate. It CLEARLY WASN'T over the line.

DPluZYQVoAAIM8F.jpg:large

That will be MARCA or AS tomorrow! xD

Obviously not in this case and I’m having a laugh in this case, but believe ot or not, both MARCA and AS have done these things before with off-side lines they draw in their newspapers where Barça are concerned and they’ve been hilariously caught out. 

Cracking match that was between Valencia and Barcelona. Messi and Busquets were tremendous but I felt Messi was sloppy with his passes in many parts of the game by his standards. Never seen him passing the ball so badly before but he was still the best (or second best after busquets) on the pitch for barcelona.... Suarez needs to sit on the bench for few matches and let Alcacer lead the line.

Why is there a discussion about goal line technology... everyone knows thats a goal after the replay on TV (maybe even before the replay) why dont they just award the goal and make the score 1-2?? Just like the retrospective bans why dont they correct this obvious error.

Oh, and forgot about Valencia,  I think they found their right manager, just cant believe the change on how they played in the second half after that first. Clearly its their manager Marcelino that made all the difference on how they stepped up after half time. 

21 hours ago, SirBalon said:

1-1 final result and I take that with a massive grin on my face because the side Barça played today was the best team they've played so far by a million miles. This Valencia side is seriously bloody good... They've got it all and they're way above Real Madrid on everything for me. Massive result for Barça and also Valencia to be honest as they'll come out of this boosted as they know they should've lost due to the disallowed goal.

BRILLIANT game! Two magnificent sides out there today. 

I think the attack can do more, but then we also have to bare in mind that it was against Valencia, a side who had only conceded one goal at home this season before last night. Even scoring(nevermind, what should have been 2) there is no easy feat.

This is a solid side under Valverde. It's not the most exciting of Barcelona teams you will see, a far cry from it. But it's a solid one and a side capable of winning things. Maybe the best is still to come also? When Dembele comes back, that could potentially improve the attack ten fold alone.

Great ball by Messi and well taken by Alba. How many times do we see Messi playing that exact same pass? It's trademark for him and quite a few of Higuain's goals have come from that exact pass for Argentina. I do think he had a game of 2 sides though. On one side, he was frustrating at times, but then at other times he looked like changing the result into a positive, which he inevitably did in the end with that pass to Alba.

Busquets was brilliant, as was Umtiti.

Suarez was horrible in everything he did.

Guedes was excellent for Valencia and same with Gaya and Kondogbia. In fact, their whole team were in general really. What is up with Rodrigo now also? He's gone from zero to hero in the space of months, but it just shows what a top manager can do for a player. I see a top side there and with no European football to get in their way, they could do something special in la liga this season. Top 4 is pretty much a cert, but finishing 3rd or even 2nd is a big possibility. In fact, they aren't out of the race either and are easily the strongest challenger as it stands.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I think the attack can do more, but then we also have to bare in mind that it was against Valencia, a side who had only conceded one goal at home this season before last night. Even scoring(nevermind, what should have been 2) there is no easy feat.

This is a solid side under Valverde. It's not the most exciting of Barcelona teams you will see, a far cry from it. But it's a solid one and a side capable of winning things. Maybe the best is still to come also? When Dembele comes back, that could potentially improve the attack ten fold alone.

Great ball by Messi and well taken by Alba. How many times do we see Messi playing that exact same pass? It's trademark for him and quite a few of Higuain's goals have come from that exact pass for Argentina. I do think he had a game of 2 sides though. On one side, he was frustrating at times, but then at other times he looked like changing the result into a positive, which he inevitably did in the end with that pass to Alba.

Guedes was excellent for Valencia and same with Gaya and Kondogbia. In fact, their whole team were in general really. What is up with Rodrigo now also? He's gone from zero to hero in the space of months, but it just shows what a top manager can do for a player. I see a top side there and with no European football to get in their way, they could do something special in la liga this season. Top 4 is pretty much a cert, but finishing 3rd or even 2nd is a big possibility. In fact, they aren't out of the race either and are easily the strongest challenger as it stands.

has Suarez forgotten how offside works xD ?!

23 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

For me the performance by the Barça players was brilliant and in the Barcelona based press they especially lauded both Busquets and Umtiti as you have also mentioned. This Valencia side are on serious form and to beat them it was always going to be extremely difficult. I said before the game that a draw would be a brilliant result and that a win would've been marvellous. 

Valencia are playing like a complete team, a well oiled machine with exceptional performances from Guedes, Kondogbia and Rodrigo...  But overall they are a team which is the Marcelino trademark. They can win La Liga due to the fact they have no other commitments other than the Copa deal Rey this season. 

Whereas I have been very critical with the way Barcelona have been laying in various victories this season, this particular game which has ended a draw fills me with more confidence due to how well the team played... The first half was total dominance and Valencia could hardly do anything other than try to counter. 

• Subscriber
On 26/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, Stan said:

come on, this is just fucking ridiculous

DPleavEWkAA7Y4K.jpg

The worst part about this is that it was blatant In real time from the tv camera angle on the half way line. It's one thing missing one that crosses the line in mid air but when the ball clearly bounces half a foot behind the line then it's an absolute shambles that neither the linesman or the referee has given that.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The worst part about this is that it was blatant In real time from the tv camera angle on the half way line. It's one thing missing one that crosses the line in mid air but when the ball clearly bounces half a foot behind the line then it's an absolute shambles that neither the linesman or the referee has given that.

That happened last season to Barcelona against Betis away and it cost them two points... Ignoring a whole bunch of errors in Real Madrid games on off-side goals (14 all season in La Liga), Barcelona lost La Liga by 3 points and those 2 points although only taking Barça to within 1 point of the title in the end, it could've meant Real Madrid feeling a lot more heat where pressure is concerned in the final weeks of the season. 

Let's see how important these 2 points end up being. 

Obviously errors are made by officials every week in every league in the world (hence goal line technology and VAR), but situations such as last weekend's and the one against Real Betis are ridiculous!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived