The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2017/18 - Matchday 13

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Really have to feel bad for Kramer guy can't catch a break. Almost looked like he was grabbing for butterflies.

I'd be really worried if I were him, to be honest. Fourth (!) head injury this season alone, then we all remember his first World Cup final KO I'm sure, and there were a few in between if I remember correctly. How many of those were concussions? 2? 3? More? I'm sure he gets checked by neurologists etc, but the risk of serious issues that could manifest after 10-20 years due to repeated head injuries should be taken very seriously. 

Just now, nudge said:

I'd be really worried if I were him, to be honest. Fourth (!) head injury this season alone, then we all remember his first World Cup final KO I'm sure, and there were a few in between if I remember correctly. How many of those were concussions? 2? 3? More? I'm sure he gets checked by neurologists etc, but the risk of serious issues that could manifest after 10-20 years due to repeated head injuries should be taken very seriously. 

Yea, he could become autistic :ph34r:

But seriously, I didn't see the incident because I was playing darts, but I saw how they stretchered them off. Feel bad for the guy. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's the thing he's got a very clear history of concussions now. This is alot more about his life after football then anything. With all we know about CTE and alike these days I would be very concerned if I was part of his camp.

I was reading that James after half time was unsure of the score and that was a little knock comparatively, that's concerning enough. I'm a little surprised it doesn't happen more tbh.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

That's the thing he's got a very clear history of concussions now. This is alot more about his life after football then anything. With all we know about CTE and alike these days I would be very concerned if I was part of his camp.

I was reading that James after half time was unsure of the score and that was a little knock comparatively, that's concerning enough. I'm a little surprised it doesn't happen more tbh.

I'm pretty sure it does, just gets brushed off usually, both by players and their clubs. I realise that taking certain risks is always inevitable at top level sports, but there's a big difference if it's a fucked up knee or a fucked up brain 20 years later... All the money in the world isn't worth getting dementia, Alzheimer or Parkinson's in your 40s.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived