talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Powerful Pictures

football forum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much favourite,  but one that disturbs me always. 

Remains of the 'Direct Action Day'  when razakars unleashed themselves on the Hindu population in Kolkata(Calcutta then).  

140414_calcutta_riots_1946_01.jpg 

Gandhi,  as expected, ignored the victims,  because they were Hindus. If not for one man,  Gopal Patha, who took to arms,  organised security and went on to save thousands,  otherwise plenty more would have been killed or raped. And again,  as expected,  Gandhi eventually came to West Bengal and asked Gopal to lay down his weapons,  instead. 

This is an old terraced street with a shipyard at the bottom of it on the River Tyne, neither exist anymore. The ships used to block the light out for people who lived in those houses, the shipyard owners were ordered to pay the locals electricity bill so they could have their lights on during the day.

World_Unicorn,_built_by_Swan_Hunter_1973

CAR_NEC_080114oldriverTyne_66JPG.jpg

4085694508_40bd7ea521_z.jpg?zz=1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

that is actually so intimidating and somewhat scary, and that's just imagining walking out on to the street and seeing that behemoth of a boat facing you.

I wish I could have seen it. I can't think of anything as comparably powerful in Britain today. Crowds used to gather there to wave the ships off.

• Subscriber

Alright i dug through some old pictures from Japan. Not the greatest quality, i bought my camera like 3 weeks prior to this so i apologize i didnt know how to use it :$ A couple of the A bomb dome and my little nephew outside it and the one inside and the sign about the shadow burned into the stairs. I remember it being really an uncomfortable feeling going through the museum in particular.

kxily.jpg

2pzhdhs.jpg

2r5q9l0.jpg

2udub9c.jpg

ienvgm.jpg

24lvi43.jpg

• 3 months later...

1920px-Lyndon_B._Johnson_taking_the_oath

This photo's struck me for a while. Lyndon Johnson being sworn in as president on the plane before it takes off from Dallas.

Between the look on his face knowing he's being thrown into the presidency, the look on Jackie Kennedy's face, and the fact that her body is probably angled to hide the blood all over her right side from the camera.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd suggest you put that in a spoiler tag ^^

1465327031-9092131449-a5cb8989e7-b.jpg

Above is a test solar farm located in the Chernobyl, Ukraine restricted zone. The restricted zone is approximately the size of Luxembourg. The electrical transmission infrastructure is already in place from when the destroyed Chernobyl nuclear plant was active. Tests have proven that everything works as intended and it has been proposed to convert the entire Chernobyl restricted zone to tracts of solar-panel farms. Since the rows of solar panels cannot be anchored to posts in the ground (that would stir up too much contaminated dust), they are affixed to concrete railroad ties that simply lay on the ground. The weight is such that nothing moves. Bids for tracts of solar-panel land will be announced during 2018. Investors are impressed with this proposal to generate power from the sun in the contaminated restricted zone that would otherwise remain abandoned/useless for hundreds of years.

Archived